Need Sierra C.O.L for 9mm HP

PDA

fulloflead
February 22, 2005, 10:53 PM
Help! I don't have the Sierra Manual!

I need to know the correct C.O.L. for a Sierra 9mm 125gr JHP.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need Sierra C.O.L for 9mm HP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
stans
February 23, 2005, 07:18 AM
1.075"

zeke
February 23, 2005, 07:57 AM
fulloflead-the correct oal may very well depend on the specific pistol ya are reloading for, especially when using Sierra's 115 and 125 jhps. If your pistol chamber has a minimal leed to the rifileing, ya might need a shorter oal.

When using the Sierra's for the 2 cz 75's owned, had to seat the bullets shorter in order to avoid jamming em into the rifleing. They could have been seated further out for the Beretta or HP.

mete
February 23, 2005, 08:20 AM
My old Sierra book 1971 listed 1.140". WRONG ! The proper LOA is 1.070".

GooseGestapo
February 23, 2005, 08:47 AM
What METE said;
1.070"
Also, be aware that due to the profile of this bullet, that you will not be able to use other data for 124-125gr bullets. This bullet has a blount profile and long bearing surface and will give higher pressures than similar weight bullets.
Be sure to consult with Sierra data before running warm loads.
Sierra has an "800" line and will probably be glad to give you data for the powders you intend to use.

fulloflead
February 23, 2005, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the help. I'll try with the standard OAL in all my 9mms and then change if I think I should.
Thanks for the warning on the warm loads too.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need Sierra C.O.L for 9mm HP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!