50 cal sniper rifle vieo

PDA

4thHorseman
February 24, 2005, 03:42 AM
you'll probably need a high speed connection to view this video

http://www.biggerhammer.net/barrett/50calt1.rm

If you enjoyed reading about "50 cal sniper rifle vieo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kel
February 24, 2005, 07:59 PM
That was a great video, is that special round they were firing available to mere mortals in the US?

mbs357
February 24, 2005, 08:08 PM
Yea, neat video.
Me and my uncle have been wondering for a while now...what yardage were they shooting at?

50 Shooter
February 24, 2005, 09:29 PM
You can buy the rounds if you can afford them, it's a Raufoss. They usually sell anywhere from $35-50 each and there's speculation if they are even legal. At that price I don't think you'll want to shoot it, might want it for the collection.

Supposedly they were for the military only but some have found there way onto the civilian market. Could be from private contractors that requested samples to test and decided to sell off the extra.

Jubei
February 24, 2005, 10:22 PM
Massive Cool!

You gotta love the big .50.

Thanks for the link.

Jubei

Nitram68
February 24, 2005, 10:50 PM
awesome!

30Cal
February 25, 2005, 01:36 AM
The Raufoss round has a slow fuse train which causes it to explode a short time after penetrating the skin of whatever the target is. My wife's uncle Einar works at the factory in Raufoss, Norway, and we got to do a plant tour plus a 1 hour presentation on the munitions they produce there. The actually call it the "MP" round--Multi-Purpose.

Ty

Double Maduro
February 25, 2005, 01:11 PM
Jeez,

What a combo for jackrabbits.

I want one more than ever.

Thanks,

DM

Harry Tuttle
February 25, 2005, 04:59 PM
that video is also hosted here:
http://democrats.reform.house.gov/features/fifty_caliber/guns_marine_video.rm

might as well suck the bandwidth off of the Gov't instead of Albert at BH...

http://democrats.reform.house.gov/investigations.asp?Issue=Fifty+Caliber+Rifles+and+Ammunition

June 18, 1999
Civilian Access to Military Armor Piercing Ammunition
At the request of Reps. Blagojevich and Waxman, the Special Investigations Division in conjunction with the Office of Special Investigations of GAO worked to reveal how the Department of Defense indirectly armed citizens with some of the most powerful and destructive ammunition available. Armor piercing ammunition for fifty caliber weapons can pierce armored vehicles and bulletproof glass when fired at a distance of over a mile. Until Congress acted in response to the investigation, military surplus fifty caliber armor piercing ammunition was readily available in the U.S. civilian market as a result of a little-known Department of Defense demilitarization program. As part of the investigation into fifty caliber sniper rifles, expert Marine snipers provided a demonstration of the power and accuracy of these weapons. The demonstration was recorded on video tape. Also as part of the investigation, undercover investigators from the Office of Special Investigations of GAO taped conversations with ammunition dealers who sell specialized armor-piercing ammunition for fifty caliber sniper weapons.
- The Report
- Download Marine Video
- Transcript of Taped Conversations with Ammunition Dealers

artherd
February 25, 2005, 05:30 PM
The investigation concluded "Coooool! I have GOT to get me some of that!"

Outbacker
February 25, 2005, 05:47 PM
Dear Santa,

Please bring me a M82A1A this year.

I'll be good.

Promise! :evil:

"You'll put your eye out, kid."

50 Shooter
February 25, 2005, 06:01 PM
You can't Art, it's illegal in Kali. :neener:

P95Carry
February 25, 2005, 06:06 PM
Excellent vid - thx :)

artherd
February 26, 2005, 01:40 AM
Is NOW illegal in Cali! I got one just in time! (stupid law)

http://dreamwithyoureyeswideopen.com/7400/M82A1-Ben3.jpg

Love this gun.

50 Shooter
February 26, 2005, 02:12 AM
Raufoss, API, APIT and any other fun stuff has been banned in Kali for a long time.

I saw a post somewhere from someone in Kali, he said that you can still get a DD but only for collecting not using the fun stuff.

Revival
February 26, 2005, 03:04 AM
Great Video!

If you enjoyed reading about "50 cal sniper rifle vieo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!