Well, this was a little unexpected. Cool beans.

PDA

White Horseradish
February 24, 2005, 12:04 PM
There is an online comic strip drawn by a local artist here in the Twin Cities. It's called Wapsi Square. Today's comic surprised the heck out of me...

Here it is:

http://www.wapsisquare.com/comics/20050224.gif

If you enjoyed reading about "Well, this was a little unexpected. Cool beans." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dasmi
February 24, 2005, 12:06 PM
Whoa, hammer cocked, finger on the boom-lever, she means business :)

Revival
February 24, 2005, 12:09 PM
Very cool!

HighVelocity
February 24, 2005, 12:11 PM
excellent! :)

sturmruger
February 24, 2005, 12:16 PM
Is that Pax? :D

Chipperman
February 24, 2005, 12:27 PM
Naw, Pax doesn't stick her pinky out like that. :D

dolanp
February 24, 2005, 12:38 PM
How horrible! How can they encourage vigilantism! Comply, pray and dial!!

:rolleyes:

Firethorn
February 24, 2005, 12:54 PM
Yeah, what's with the tea finger?

It's great.

StopTheGrays
February 24, 2005, 01:09 PM
Character Bio:
Heather Mills

Heather is a recent transplant to the Twin Cities and originally hails from Texas. She was raised by her father, who is an Army sergeant. From a very early age she thrived on the structure and discipline her dad instilled in her. At the same time, she frequently butted heads with her dad on topics ranging from curfew to boys. She grew up mentally and physically tough.

After graduating from high school with honors she enlisted in the Army where she became a radio and communications expert. She also earned the highest level of marksman with a rifle and pistol.

After her time in the military, Heather continued her communications degree in college and attended single-action shooting competitions using her great, great grandfather's Army revolver. She also became the program director and one of the DJs for her college's radio station. As another side project, Heather was the lead singer in a band called "Intentional Thumbprint".

After graduating from college, she was offered a job as program director for an ailling independant radio station in Minneapolis. She lives for a challenge.

Mr. Mysterious
February 24, 2005, 01:46 PM
Good comic seems like a cool artist behind the pen.

Henry Bowman
February 24, 2005, 01:50 PM
Condition White (or so we are to believe) to Condition Red in 0.001 second! ;)

eagle45
February 24, 2005, 05:37 PM
I'm sure I'll see that here in the Dayton newspaper soon.

NOT! :mad:

White Horseradish
February 25, 2005, 04:38 PM
Today's continuation ain't bad either.

http://www.wapsisquare.com/comics/20050225.gif

bean357
February 25, 2005, 04:47 PM
good one! :) cool beans, indeed. Don't see 'em like that in my neck of the woods.

armoredman
February 25, 2005, 09:46 PM
Who do we write to, to get this one in our local paper?

ducktapehero
February 25, 2005, 10:16 PM
Fear the woman who carries a Colt SAA as a CCW. You can bet she knows how to use it.

Burt Blade
February 25, 2005, 10:23 PM
The Lady carries a Cowboy six-gun for her CW! Is she single? :D

Anyone notice she is a lefty?

The "tea finger" in the sketch almost looks like she had the pinkie hooked under the bottom of the grip. This is a good way to force the hand into the same place every time you grip a single action. If you grip the gun too high, the hammer hits the web of your hand, potentially preventing it from reaching the full cock position.

Stickjockey
February 26, 2005, 12:39 PM
"Not on your life, Spanky!"

Gonna have to remember that one. :cool:

Fear the woman who carries a Colt SAA as a CCW.
And a long-barrel Colt, as well! :D

mack69
February 26, 2005, 12:50 PM
Ya gotta love a well armed gun saavy woman....mack

Justin
February 26, 2005, 12:51 PM
Who do we write to, to get this one in our local paper? There's no way the comic syndicates would let something this cool into actual news papers. The printed funny page hasn't been worth picking up since Bill Watterson retired. All the good stuff is on the web these days.

homeka45
February 26, 2005, 03:59 PM
What a refreshing change. :)

Archie
February 26, 2005, 08:13 PM
Is this woman competent and able, she is also considerate and generous in victory.

Did you notice she ordered a "...change of pants..." for Spanky Joe?

And I do have serious regard for a woman who shoots a real Colt SAA.

Of course, the cops are quasi-fantasy people. The one recognized the model and value of the revolver in question. Not that no regular police officer ever could, but it's a rarity.

As for getting here locally, all I can say is "The Los Angeles Times". Like that's gonna happen.

EVIL5LITER
February 26, 2005, 08:43 PM
There's no way the comic syndicates would let something this cool into actual news papers. The printed funny page hasn't been worth picking up since Bill Watterson retired. All the good stuff is on the web these days.

God I miss Calvin and Hobbes...

White Horseradish
February 28, 2005, 02:33 PM
This storyline is just too good to let go...

http://www.wapsisquare.com/comics/20050228.gif

Nitram68
February 28, 2005, 04:30 PM
:what:

Trisha
February 28, 2005, 04:46 PM
That's so close to being real-life Park County, Colorado that I find myself wondering who's been talking to who!

Here, though, it wouldn't just be the Deputies - you could add in nearly everyone in emergency services!

My stars, that's a good strip!

Trisha

torpid
February 28, 2005, 06:24 PM
I can't wait for the next strip- will poor Joe ever get a break?

Nightfa11
February 28, 2005, 10:59 PM
I like the cartoon so much I've been reading all the rest of them starting from the beginning. Sept 23rd 2002 is a good one as are the next couple after that....

A security guard armed with a flashlight :)

http://www.wapsisquare.com/d/20020923.html

CB900F
February 28, 2005, 11:44 PM
Fella's;

"That's a fine looking weapon you got there YOUNG MISSY." Emphasis added.
Sheesh! The phrase 'taking your life in your hands' comes to mind. If she was from any one of several highly feminist areas of the country, he'd be dead meat. Of course, that's bucking the odds, most of those areas are also highly anti-RKBA, but why take foolish chances?

OK,ok, it was a nit-pick. It's a good strip with it's Texas roots showing.

900F

Brian Dale
March 1, 2005, 12:22 AM
That isn't the Minneapolis I used to know.

A definite change for the better. :D

ponyexpress
March 1, 2005, 12:24 PM
Glad to see you all enjoy the strip. I've known the artist since grade school. He's a fellow shooter so it's not hard to see where this came from, although I don't think he's been able to shoot as much since he moved to Minneapolis. I'll let him know you all like his work.

jobu07
March 1, 2005, 01:22 PM
Simply unbelievable. I wish this kind of high-quality work were in every newspaper. It'd be a pleasant change from the anti-bush comics that get run by a certain "artist"...

tony4311
March 2, 2005, 12:16 AM
lol this ones pretty good too even though it's not guns.

http://www.wapsisquare.com/comics/20011031.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Well, this was a little unexpected. Cool beans." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!