SA "V10" designation

PDA

Shorts
February 25, 2005, 03:58 PM
I was just curious what options the "V10" designates. I just read on a person's page that "V10" was for the 10 hole ports in the barrel. Is this correct?

What brought this question on was I knew there was a V10 UC, we had one, but I just saw a V10 Compact :eek: What's that? I want one. :D

And I just realized the difference in the Champion and the Compact models was the sixe of the grip...Champ has fullsize, Compact has the Compact grip. Interesting....

If you enjoyed reading about "SA "V10" designation" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mushoot
February 25, 2005, 07:10 PM
I have the ultra compact v10. Yes, it has the 10 ports on the barrel and it is a great shooter. It is a lot of fun when the wind is not blowing towards your face :)

Kruzr
February 25, 2005, 09:16 PM
Yes it's the ports which are cut at an angle. If you stuck a toothpick in each one, you would have 10 picks in a V shape on top of the barrel.
I used to have the V10 UC. I learned a lot about working on guns with that pistol since SA couldn't seem to make it work right. I'm glad I still don't have it.

Shootcraps
February 25, 2005, 09:20 PM
I have one and love it. I just replaced all the springs with a set from Wolffs. Shoots great and I carry it all the time.

PowderBurn
February 25, 2005, 09:39 PM
If you stuck a toothpick in each one, you would have 10 picks in a V shape on top of the barrel.
Kinda limits your choices when holster shopping, though :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "SA "V10" designation" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!