France/Iraq...same mindset?

PDA

telewinz
March 9, 2003, 01:46 PM
Heard that some Iraq troops have already tried to surrender and the war hasn't started yet.:eek: Just who trained the Iraq Army anyhow? Good indication of what might be coming, The French have not declared Paris an open city yet have they?:neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "France/Iraq...same mindset?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Coronach
March 9, 2003, 01:52 PM
I'm still waiting for posters to start taking the High Road in reference to France. I mean, we're all POed about their stance on this, and yeah, they're an easy mark for military jokes. But we get the point already. :rolleyes:

Mike

Blackhawk
March 9, 2003, 02:06 PM
We trained the Iraqi army in 1991. Glad they haven't forgotten! :D

Shame that these had to go back to probably be killed by their fellows. Guess they should have pleaded for amnesty.... :what:

Flying V
March 9, 2003, 02:11 PM
The French invented the metallic cartridge (Flobert cap, 1845),
smokeless powder (Vielle's "Poudre B", 1885) and the smallbore high-velocity rifle cartridge (8mm Lebel, 1886).

Their employment of these items may at times have been suboptimal.

Atticus
March 9, 2003, 02:28 PM
Like our own military, The French military can be only as effective as it's political leadership allows it to be. Che - Rock deserves no mercy of any kind.

Waitone
March 9, 2003, 03:53 PM
Can anyone doubt political correctness is alive and well?

Used to be pollack jokes were popular and condemned as insensitive. So now the French begin doin' the French thing and guess what? French jokes are wholesome and fun for the entire family.

So its ok to make fun of a western european culture but its not ok to make fun of a central european culture?

Flying V
March 9, 2003, 04:08 PM
If I recall correctly, it was the rise of Solidarity which quelled the popularity of "polack jokes". It became not only unfunny but small-spirited to mock the people who were defying the might of the Communist empire.

If you enjoyed reading about "France/Iraq...same mindset?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!