?bipods?

PDA

clown714
December 31, 2002, 09:19 AM
looking to put a bipod on my remmy 700,30'06

any suggestions?make, model etc.

swivel types?

mostly being shot either prone or sitting.

thanks

clown

If you enjoyed reading about "?bipods?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cobb
December 31, 2002, 12:39 PM
I've got several sizes of older Harris bipods, and am totally happy with them. I wish they where the swivel models though, makes it easier to shoot at prairie dogs when laying on unlevel ground.
So my advice would be a Harris with the swivel mount. The 8-13 works good for prone, but kinda high for a bench.

762x51
December 31, 2002, 06:36 PM
Harris swivel model. Height is up to you, but the 8-13 is probably correct.

Swamp Yankee
December 31, 2002, 08:42 PM
I've got a couple of the Harris swivel 8 to 13 and am very pleased.
Take Care

clown714
January 1, 2003, 10:30 AM
thanks for the replies:)

any thoughts on caldwell?
saw one in the new midway cat.

clown

wogbg
January 2, 2003, 04:27 PM
Check-out the Snipe-pod. I think it is a great idea and product. They have their own website-- WWW.Snipepod.com .--Bill

Fatelvis
January 2, 2003, 06:23 PM
I like the Harris "L" length, with the swivel option. Great for prone, never tried it sitting.

Glockster35
January 4, 2003, 08:24 AM
Don't waste your money...Get a Harris, anything else is just trying to be as good as them anyway.

I have the L series swivel Harris' on my Savage 10FP, and am so glad I got them. A buddy of mine got the Harriss' that didn't swivel, and wished he would have waitied.

Make sure whatever you get swivels. It makes more difference than you think.

wogbg
January 7, 2003, 11:09 AM
Fatelvis-- At least take time to research the Snipepod-- you will like it just as well as the Harris while you're using it and you'll like it a hell of a lot better when you are not using it-- which is 98% of the time.--Bill

KMKeller
January 7, 2003, 11:16 AM
Either the Harris or the SnipePod will do you well.

larryw
January 10, 2003, 10:40 PM
First I've seen of the SnipePod, looks good. Aside from being mounted to the swivel stud, how does it differ from ShootingStix?

nemesis
January 10, 2003, 10:51 PM
Isn't there someone making a pretty good copy of the Parker Hale?

If you enjoyed reading about "?bipods?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!