Any twin gun owners?

PDA

Mastrogiacomo
March 9, 2003, 09:32 PM
I have a Class B permit. The compact type M of the Beretta is on the way out. I love the guns and have two -- black and another in inox. I've thought to buy another two so I'll have twins in both colors. Has anyone else done this? In my state -- there are damn near no options and since I love the 9mm and the Beretta, why not? Once they're discontinued, I'll likely never get to use another model in the Beretta line unless my permit changes....but not likely.:scrutiny: :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Any twin gun owners?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Skunkabilly
March 9, 2003, 09:38 PM
I thought about it. Not sure if I'm going to get the same model for consistency (another Elite II) or slight variations, like the Elite II and a G-SD.

Ain't got no money right now! Will wait till after I pay the auto insurance thing.

El Tejon
March 9, 2003, 09:41 PM
Find the gun you want, put the others away.

I do not have twins; I have quadruplets!:cool:

BTW, what the heck is a "Class B permit"???:confused:

Mastrogiacomo
March 9, 2003, 09:48 PM
A Class B in my state means I can't carry a gun concealed when I carry (that's only allowed with a Class A permit). It must be exposed and unloaded. How stupid does that sound? I also can't buy a hi-capacity gun so only guns that fire under ten rounds are allowed. This is why my compact is an M and not an L (10 rounds) or a full size 92FS. Damn...:banghead:

El Tejon
March 9, 2003, 09:57 PM
Mas, thanks, I don't understand the blizzard of East Coast laws and never will. That is strange way to carry.

Mastrogiacomo
March 9, 2003, 10:00 PM
Exactly MY point! :banghead: Too bad I couldn't convince the police chief in my area. What's so tough about the logic of carrying concealed? Man, I hope my attacker gives me a second to load my gun -- provided he doesn't see it and draw his loaded gun first.:what:

Matthew Courtney
March 9, 2003, 10:03 PM
Well, my twin brother carries a gun, and I carry a pair of G-23's. The primary has night sights and is loaded with 135 gr Cor-Bon ammo. The back-up has stock sights and 165 gr Golden Sabers. I practice with both and drawing both with either hand from a variety of positions.

Mike Irwin
March 9, 2003, 10:15 PM
Well, I've got 3 S&W Model 19s, 2.5", 4", and 6"

I've also got two Model 28s, 4" and 6".

Drjones
March 9, 2003, 10:29 PM
First off, you can never have too many guns.

I don't know about Boston, but in CA, I'm quite concerned that the day may not be too far off when I will be effectively barred from purchasing more handguns.

That is what I mean when I say you can't have too many guns.

Second, there really are many practical reasons for having more than one of the same gun.

Just a few reasons I can think of:

-Provided you keep the guns in the same caliber (i.e. all Beretta 92's) then you don't have to worry about buying different calibers of ammo, nor do you have to worry about grabbing the wrong caliber in a hurried situation.

-Familiarity. If you shoot, carry, clean, practice, etc. with the same gun all the time, you will know it like the back of your hand. "Fear the man with one gun, for he knows how to use it."

-Redundancy. What if your usual carry gun breaks or is otherwise put out of commission, even if for a short while? Not a prob if you have more than one.

That's all I can think of for now, but you can see there are several VERY good reasons for having several of the same gun.

Go for it!!!

I have both a stainless and blued 96!!!

JohnKSa
March 9, 2003, 10:39 PM
I currently own twins in the following pistols

Glock 17 (fraternal--one second gen, one third gen)
CZ-52 (identical)
Bulgarian Makarov (identical)
Stainless Ruger GP100 (fraternal--one 6", one 4")
Glock 20 (fraternal--one second gen, one third gen)

Any firearm will probably be confiscated by law enforcement if it is used in a shooting.

Croyance
March 10, 2003, 02:40 AM
I have a mismatched pair of Browning HiPowers.

Archie
March 10, 2003, 02:52 AM
I have fraternal twins in 1911s. One GI 1911 and one Commercial Series 70.

I have three N frames and several K frames.

But I have always wanted a pair; that is: Same Model, same finish, barrel length and grips.
Specifically, any or all of:
Colt SAAs,
S&W M13s, cut down,
S&W M 19s, or
S&W M 27s (3.5 inch barrel)

All the rest seem to me to be "single" guns.

Mastrogiacomo
March 10, 2003, 08:32 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I kind of love the idea of getting two compact Ms in inox and two in black.:D Hope to God I would never need to use it in self defense and have it taken away....do they ever give it back if it's used in self defense? Just curious.:uhoh:

Incidently, I was thinking of getting a custom finish on all guns but now I'm not sure. Someone said it hurts the performance of the gun. How do people feel about custom finishes -- a short-term advantage? Good for the gun? Is it better to leave the guns as is?

Thanks. :)

Tamara
March 10, 2003, 08:37 AM
"Fear the man with one gun, for he knows how to use it."

Actually, it goes: "Fear the man with one gun, because he's probably really bitter about it and may come after you to expand his collection." :D

El Tejon
March 10, 2003, 09:19 AM
Mas, as far as getting it back after Problem #2, it depends. A lot can happen. So many variables to account for that any answer is speculation.

Custom finishes: If you want, go ahead, your property and all. As you train with it, the weapon will get banged and nicked. I recommend kicking the pistol to the car the next time you buy one. That way you won't be upset over the first scratch.:)

Mastrogiacomo
March 10, 2003, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the info. I suppose it does depend on the situation in a shooting. As for the custom finish -- I've always wondered if a custom finish was really benefical or if it in some way harmed the gun. I think my Berettas are good looking as it is. I was just trying to figure if there was something I could do extra to keep them in great working order. I plan to get a LTT (Langdon Tactical Technology) Level 2 trigger job on all at some point. :D

TechBrute
March 10, 2003, 10:29 AM
Although only one is in my possesion right now, my grandpa bought sequentially numbered Smith .357s for my dad and me.

I also have a pair of Kimber SVTs. I bought one when my little girl was born, but it kept glaring at me in the safe, so I bought another for myself.

10-Ring
March 10, 2003, 10:35 AM
How about quads? I have 4 USPs. Oh, as for twins, I have 2 Italian 92's too. Now, they're not identical quads or twins, they're fraternal ;)

Mastrogiacomo
March 10, 2003, 01:16 PM
I admire your (growing?) gun collection. What can I say -- I'm jealous.:evil:

Ledbetter
March 10, 2003, 03:07 PM
Colt .380 Government, one nickel (for carry) one stainless (in case the first one wears out) in like new condition, but well tested and put away.

03A3 Springfields, one as issued, one in a thumbhole sporter stock with no-drill scope mount from S&K (Bushnell scope).

10/22's, one's a magnum.

standingbear
March 10, 2003, 05:53 PM
i had a shiny pair of 357 vaqueros and a double rig.never got into the cowboy thing much though so i sold 1 and the quick draw rig.

Hutch
March 10, 2003, 09:41 PM
Ooooooh yeah. Lots. Some triplets too. I've been fortunate, and blessed with an understanding wife, who does not know or care to. ***** edited here ****** I started to list 'em, but it sounded like bragging.

Byron Quick
March 11, 2003, 02:09 AM
I don't have enough pairs for it to be bragging but I like them.

1948 S&W K-22 paired with a S&W Model 17-3 (1973)
Two Model 29's with 6.5 inch barrels
Two 1911's

Skunkabilly
March 11, 2003, 02:29 AM
Mastro, 10-ring has USPs but they aren't identical, they're a family!

All shapes and sizes in 9mm and .45 except the 45 Compact.

10-ring's Goldilocks day at the range. Picks up the USP Expert. This one's too big! Picks up the 9mm Compact. This one's too small. Picks up the 9mm Fullsize. I think I'll shoot you today!! :D

denfoote
March 11, 2003, 07:05 AM
I have seven Makarovs!! Does that count????:D

WhoKnowsWho
March 11, 2003, 07:28 AM
Seven!? And I was happy to get one... for now.

I can't decide if I want a long lost twin, i.e. a Kimber 1911 to say hi to my Charles Daly 1911. Or if I want another Glock, 3rd gen, to provide company to the old fogey G22 2nd gen. I wouldn't mind getting another SKS either.

So far though, no twins. My wife wants brothers (or sisters) though, Walther P22 and a P99.

280PLUS
March 11, 2003, 08:15 AM
here in manchester, connecticut a guy was recently held up by 2 out of town teens with a sawed off .22 rifle. when the kid (19 y.o.) put it to his head he grabbed it and pulled his.380 and let a few rounds of his own fly . unfortunately he only managed to graze one of them. Of course i wonder how he could have missed at such close range but i wasnt there so... there may be a lesson in there. anyhow, the cops did not take his gun nor did they attempt to prosecute or harrass him in any way. they put it down as self defense. And they did get the 2 little a**holes.

and thats the way its supposed to be!

m

Mastrogiacomo
March 11, 2003, 09:56 AM
Wow!!:uhoh: :eek: :what:

If you enjoyed reading about "Any twin gun owners?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!