.38+P load in .38spcl case???

PDA

HiWayMan
March 2, 2005, 03:55 PM
Is it safe to load a .38+P loading into a standard .38spcl case? Are the +P cases more robust? I know they are slightly longer.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about ".38+P load in .38spcl case???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
alex-v.
March 2, 2005, 04:18 PM
Yes, but the case will probably not last as long. The +P case is a bit thicker but is still the same length.

Is there a similar thread here from about 2 or 3 weeks ago? If so, that might help.

Bullet
March 3, 2005, 12:19 AM
I use Starline brass. Their web site says there is no difference between 38 and 38+p brass except the headstamp.

BluesBear
March 4, 2005, 07:48 AM
It makes absolutely no difference.

The only difference* is the headstamp.

I know they are slightly longer.No they're not. The length should be exactly the same*.

* (We're talking about regular and +p cases from the same manufacturer.)

HiWayMan
March 4, 2005, 02:56 PM
Well I'll be damned. I could'a swore they were longer, oh well. Thanks all for the replies. I'm a happy little reloader now, cause I gotta butt load of .38spcl brass ready to go.

If you enjoyed reading about ".38+P load in .38spcl case???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!