"the latest rage -- armored cars" ???

PDA

David
March 10, 2003, 01:48 AM
According to this article, the USA is one of the fastest growing markets for armored vehicles!:what:

Here is the link:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030309/nysu015a_1.html

I think I will trade in my Chevy for one of these armored dudes!:neener:

If you enjoyed reading about ""the latest rage -- armored cars" ???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Double Naught Spy
March 10, 2003, 09:48 AM
The market may be growing, but this is far from being a 'latest rage' as this has been ongoing for quite some time. As I understand it, there have been a couple of US companies in the business for the last 40 or so years, but now they have a lot of competition and the cars that can be modified include all makes and models, not just great big Detroit monsters.

synoptic
March 10, 2003, 11:39 AM
Don't trade in your chevy, you can take it and have it refitted to be totally bullet-proof. There is a website around somewhere with information on getting it done. :D

Soap
March 10, 2003, 03:05 PM
Step into Dan's consciousness for a minute THR...*funky music plays*

Devil on my shoulder- "You don't want to do this assignment! You want to drink a glass of Jameson and read some Hemingway instead."

Angel on my shoulder- "But this will translate into benefits later on. Besides, it is just the right thing to do."

Me- "mmm...Jameson..."

Angel- "Okay I give, I'll say the magic word of motivation: ARMORED MAYBACH!"

Me- "Where is my financial calculator!?"

:D

QKRTHNU
March 11, 2003, 12:08 PM
Might be the rage for the super rich & wealthy political figures but that's about it.

I don't think I'll be buying a 6 figure priced SUV that weighs 10,000+lbs any time soon. Not to mention the 500+hp motor you would need to bring it back to normal accelleration.

If you enjoyed reading about ""the latest rage -- armored cars" ???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!