Need Camping & Shooting - OH, IN, KY for Boy Scouts

PDA

BB62
March 4, 2005, 11:12 AM
I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum, but it was the best one I could find...

My son's Boy Scout troop is from Cincinnati, Ohio.

A few months back I asked (on another board) if anyone knew of a place in SW Ohio, SE Indiana, or Northern/Central Kentucky where the Scouts might camp from Friday to Sunday, and shoot .22 rifles.

I followed up, but have only 1 "maybe" out of the 3 places suggested.

We now have a firm date, May 20-22, and I wanted to put out another request for suggestions. The suggestions I received were: Pickaway County Sportsmens Club, TDI (OH), and NMLRA (IN).

If you have any additional ideas, I sure would be appreciative!

Thanks,
BB62

If you enjoyed reading about "Need Camping & Shooting - OH, IN, KY for Boy Scouts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hub
July 14, 2006, 12:27 PM
i know its been a few months, but i just searched for indiana and seen your post. i from charlestown indiana and their is a place for you to go and its already a boy scout camp. the name of it is tunnel mill boyscout camp, and its 30min north of louisville, ky. my parents live about a mile away from there and a guy i used to work with used to be a scout leader. i think they shoot .22's and fish/camp also out there. you could go to mapquest and type in tunnel mill rd, charlestown, in 47111. i think it's about 3 or 4 miles north of charlestown. the rangers name is jerry jackey and the phone number is (812)256 2038 i hope this helps some cinci is only about an 1.5 hrs away

BB62
July 15, 2006, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the info. I will look into it, and the other camps that are part of that Boy Scout Council.

BB62

If you enjoyed reading about "Need Camping & Shooting - OH, IN, KY for Boy Scouts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!