Extended magazines for 8mm Mausers

PDA

Jack19
December 31, 2002, 10:59 AM
Does anyone know if any of the various nations who used the Mauser 98 actions, or variants, every produced an extended magazine?

I read something, awhile back, that seemed to indicate that someone had made one, but I can't remember where I read it.

:banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "Extended magazines for 8mm Mausers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Triad
December 31, 2002, 11:39 AM
I remember seeing ads in Shotgun News for a 20 rnd mag that was supposed to have been made and used by the Germans in WW1.

telewinz
December 31, 2002, 01:49 PM
I think Sarco has them, if I recall the price was very reasonable.

Triad
December 31, 2002, 03:22 PM
Numrich Gun Parts (http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=50230&chrSuperSKU=) has them. Price is $82.35. I think I'd look for a better price, but if you can't find them, at least you know who does have them.

Nanook
December 31, 2002, 03:37 PM
Sarco carries them as mentioned above. They are reproductions, not originals.
Check Shotgun News, they have a series of ads in just about every issue.

another48hrs
December 31, 2002, 03:39 PM
Will these fit VZ-24s from Brno?

Andrew Wyatt
December 31, 2002, 03:51 PM
I question the reliability of these extended magazines. they replace the floorplate, and leave a somewhat large gap between the internal magazine portion and the rest of the magazine. the follower or the noses of the rounds could get stuck.

I suppose it'd be fine for plinking, but serious use would be problematic.

MAKOwner
December 31, 2002, 06:54 PM
I believe FAC (www.gunsnstuff.net) has some in their newest catalog for around $90 (more than alot of people paid for the rifle...)

geekay
January 1, 2003, 10:00 AM
on a 20 round removable mag for their BA rifles but as I recall they never made general issue. The Kurtz round and weapons were being developed at the same time and were considered more desirable.

If you enjoyed reading about "Extended magazines for 8mm Mausers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!