M-16A1 complete upper receiver or another Garand...?

PDA

natedog
March 11, 2005, 12:44 AM
I've already got a fine M1, a Greek Rack Grade. It shoots well and looks pretty nice to boot. However, after hearing older shooters harking back to the days of the $25 1911s or $50 M1 Carbines, I'm beggining to think that I don't want to be thinking wishfully back to the days of the $300 M1 Garand, wishing that I'd only bought more to shoot or as investments! Another item on my list, though, is an M-16A1/SP1 upper receiver for my CA exodus gun. I see the new(er) Air Force M-16 receivers on the market at around $300, complete with bolt/bolt carrier, handguards, charging handle, etc. I'd buy the lower and parts when I moved out of California, and I could shoot the AR-15 on a fellow shooters lower receiver. I'd also like to pick one of these up before the supply runs dry. What do you think?

OR: Skip both and order massive quanities of M2 ball.
OR: K-31 scout project...mmm...

If you enjoyed reading about "M-16A1 complete upper receiver or another Garand...?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Andrew Wyatt
March 11, 2005, 01:07 AM
i see it as a three way split between the M2 ball, the m-16 upper and the garand.

you don't really need to do anyhting else to your k31.

NMshooter
March 11, 2005, 02:15 AM
If you want the "retro" look, no time like the present...

Otherwise, have patience, a vast world of opportunity awaits. ;)

c_yeager
March 11, 2005, 03:20 AM
I see the new(er) Air Force M-16 receivers on the market at around $300, complete with bolt/bolt carrier, handguards, charging handle, etc.

I have wanted an old school AR upper for awhile, where are you finding these?

natedog
March 11, 2005, 03:23 AM
www.cdnninvestments.com or www.ar15.com , in the equipment exchange forum. AR15.com tends to be a bit cheaper.

If you enjoyed reading about "M-16A1 complete upper receiver or another Garand...?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!