Places to shoot in the Logan, OH area?

PDA

Quack
March 10, 2003, 10:22 PM
going to be taking a little get away next week in the Logan/Lancaster Ohio area. is there any places to shoot clays (trap, skeet, etc) or long range rifles?

If you enjoyed reading about "Places to shoot in the Logan, OH area?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Atticus
March 11, 2003, 12:06 AM
There's a trap/skeet range just outside Sugar Grove (just north of Logan on SR33 ). I've never been to the range, but I hunt close to there and it sounds like a war zone on Saturdays. Stop in at the little convenience store in Sugar Grove and ask for directions. Meanwhile.. I'll check with some folks on the location of a rifle range and post any info here. Actually... the whole county IS a rifle range...but you've gotta know people.

hksw
March 11, 2003, 12:10 AM
Could try Briar Rabbit around Zanesville. (Never been there myself but other posters have.) Looks nice from their website.

Briar Rabbit (http://www.briarrabbit.com/)

falconer
March 11, 2003, 12:23 AM
Logan is in the middle of nowhere. You could probably just find an empty field and start blasting and it'd be nothing out of the ordinary for the locals.

Atticus
March 11, 2003, 12:32 AM
I wouldn't be unordinary for them to fire back either.:D There are a lot of ex-city dwelling (stay the hell away from me) types down there. And their attitude is somewhat justified due to the large number of "mid-day Hillbilly door kicker inners", who make a living selling "used" stuff at fleamarkets. But Falconer is correct, it should be fairly easy to find some shooting room.

swingset
March 11, 2003, 05:39 AM
There's a nice range called Tri County in Amanda, which is 5 or 10 miles out of Lancaster on rte 22, but I think it's a club, not a public range. Perhaps someone here is a member, might host ya?? It's got a 300 yard range, 100 yard and pistol ranges.

alarmguy
March 11, 2003, 08:25 AM
is located just a couple miles outside of Sugar Grove. It's a family run club that's open to the public. You can shoot sporting clays(18 courses!), 5-stand, or fitasc. Rental guns and instruction are available. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable.
Sugar Grove is on Rt. 33 between Lancaster and Logan. I'd think you could get directions from anyone there. I have the phone number at home and will look it up after work.

Bob

Quack
March 11, 2003, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the info guys!!!! looks like i'll get a chance to exercise my Beretta 3901:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Places to shoot in the Logan, OH area?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!