Does your mail "make" you as a gun owner?

PDA

2dogs
December 31, 2002, 11:20 AM
Catalogues from Dillon, Cabela's, Cheaper Than Dirt etc.

Letters from many different gun rights groups and political organizations.

Gunweek. Shotgun News.

If the NICS, CCW haven't given the gummint the info, the mailman can.:impaled:

If you enjoyed reading about "Does your mail "make" you as a gun owner?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
El Rojo
December 31, 2002, 11:23 AM
Shotgun News, American Rifleman, Shooting Sports USA, Blue Press, Natchez, Midway USA, Graff and Sons, Cabellas, Cheaper than Dirt, Bushmaster, Wilson Combat, Federal Arms Corporation, and of course all of the 2nd Amendment junk mail.

ruger357
December 31, 2002, 11:24 AM
They have me pegged.

Nanook
December 31, 2002, 11:25 AM
A good point. And I'm busted. Shotgun News, Dillon, Cabelas, American Rifleman, Guns & Ammo, assorted pleas for money from NRA, ISRA, GOA, and SAF.
Natchez, MidwayUSA, the list goes on.
I usually throw CTD catalogs right into the garbage, though. They are anything but CTD. But I digress.:)

Greg L
December 31, 2002, 11:28 AM
Don't forget the occasional updates from the ATF if you have a FFL (C&R in my case).

The BBT driver is probably clued in too given the small HEAVY boxes he drops off to say nothing about the long skinny ones with adult signature required on them. :D

Greg

trapshooter
December 31, 2002, 11:35 AM
as, unfortunately, we're all in a database somewhere.

It's like a secret. If more than one person knows, it isn't a secret.

4473's, NICS, CCW permits, permission-to-purchase, mail, e-mail, board posting, telephone, credit card, bank, etc. We're all 'out there'. Just depends on who's looking.

Betty
December 31, 2002, 11:38 AM
Busted - but that's okay, we've got one cool mailman. He brought over his shotguns for Oleg to look at and repair, and made it to one of our small TFL gatherings. :D

DrDremel
December 31, 2002, 11:47 AM
The UPS guy leaves any package in a hidden area just in case it is gun related. I know that some mailman has looked through a Shotgun news at least once.

Hkmp5sd
December 31, 2002, 12:17 PM
In a word, YEP.

riverdog
December 31, 2002, 12:20 PM
Is there any way to stop all the 2ndAmendment junk mail. Particularly those from the NRA with their hand out, forever asking for more money. Maybe if I move and don't send them a forwarding address ...

TallPine
December 31, 2002, 12:29 PM
Hey, just living in Montana makes you a suspect - more likely an "enemy combatant"

And I wouldn't even dare to drive into PRK with MT plates.

JHill
December 31, 2002, 12:39 PM
Yep, I'm slightly pegged: snailmail--Cabela's, Bass Pro Shops, and recently Surefire Catalogs!!

Email, yep busted there esp.-- jhill191145@juno.com
:D

deputy tom
December 31, 2002, 12:49 PM
Yes,the mail tells lots of people many things about Us but the internet is worse yet.tom.:uhoh:

2nd Amendment
December 31, 2002, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I had thought of this before. The mailman definitely has to wonder about me at times.

yorec
December 31, 2002, 12:57 PM
I try to have a lot of it delivered to work. Saves on the wife's wondering what I'm gonna buy next.

Still plenty of stuff shows up at home...

Viking6
December 31, 2002, 01:02 PM
With all due respect to all the great letter carriers, I think my carrier has a challenge just getting my mail in the box so I don't think he spends any time thumbing through my mail. But in principle your mail does make you as a gunowner.

Double Naught Spy
December 31, 2002, 01:28 PM
You know, the mail issue doesn't bother me that much. My mail profile would be that of a gun owning race car guy who does photography and has interests in popular science, dolls (my wife's constant barrage of kid's stuff) and archaeology, not to mention being on a million lists for all sorts of political stuff. No, it isn't the mail that really pegs me that well. It is getting 10-1000 round cases of .45 acp, or 2700 rounds of 5.56 in a box so heavy it requires additional shipping charges and everything marked ORM-D and ammunition on them. No, it isn't the mailman, but the UPS guy who has to think I have some sort of underground storage bunker for all this stuff.

rmdye
December 31, 2002, 02:22 PM
yes im afriad mine does, due to the c&r, and all the catalogs i get. i have noticed the mail man is a lot nicer know and very plesent. Ronald

sm
December 31, 2002, 02:31 PM
Yep

Have a cool Res. Mgr. He and brother members of a gun club, watches for Deliveries here at Apts.

Flip side I get others mail from time to time--I got some Interesting neighbors from the looks of some catalogs.
Victoria's Secret pales in comparison ...really...I just thumbtack on noteboard...:p

4v50 Gary
December 31, 2002, 02:42 PM
Yes. Also, if it's my regular mailman, everything comes in good condition. When he's on vacation, I get an anti-gunner and everything looks like it's ben through a shredder. :mad:

MikeK
December 31, 2002, 04:05 PM
A week doesn't go by that I don't get some gun-related mail.

Mr. Hankey
December 31, 2002, 04:07 PM
Besides receiving all the aforementioned catalogs etc.

The one that really jumps out at you is my subscription to Combat Handguns.

I kinda wish that one came in a sleeve or something.

If the large Title COMBAT HANDGUNS and the sinister looking pistol pictured on the cover weren't bad enough.
There are always the mention of the articles contained in that issue. You know the ones with titles like.

How to survive an encounter with 3 armed felons.

The use of deadly force, are you ready? etc.

I think those attract too much attention.

Schuey2002
December 31, 2002, 04:32 PM
Nope !! :neener: :D

I have all of my gun mags sent to my mom's office. I just swing by
there everyday and pick them up..

(The post office probably thinks my mom is a member of a militia..) :D

xjer
December 31, 2002, 04:38 PM
Yes, mailman, UPS driver and the Fed-ex driver. It dont take
much. A NRA letter or two, A few packages from Cheaperthandirt
A couple of catalogs, etc....

Mike

762x51
December 31, 2002, 06:15 PM
Do you think the Bushmaster catalog is a giveaway?

JeepDriver
December 31, 2002, 06:54 PM
NRA, GOA, American Rifleman, American Handgunner, Guns & Ammo, Dillion, Natchez, Cheaper That Dirt, JG Sales, Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops, Sportsmans Guide, AIM, SOG.

No secrets here. Hope the mail man dosen't get any ideas

hansolo
December 31, 2002, 09:29 PM
I have noticed a couple of neighbors are more polite after UPS leaves boxes marked 9mm and .38 Special on the porch. The mail-lady is cool, but, I agree: it would be nice to have some sort of sleeves like the ones on Playboy Magazine...at least it would keep the Postal Employees from darn near ripping the covers off the mags!:cuss:

PATH
December 31, 2002, 09:32 PM
Ammo deliveries, gun mags, flyers, etc....

No I am afraid it is no secret here.

AZTOY
December 31, 2002, 09:43 PM
Guns and car books. I also know the first name of the UPS guy.:uhoh:

enfwago
December 31, 2002, 09:53 PM
I usually get natchez, cheaper than dirt, bass pro shops, cabelas, and a couple other gun and knife catalogs.

FPrice
December 31, 2002, 10:07 PM
Numerous gun mags, catalogs, NRA/SAF/CCRKBA mailings, and the like.

Makes for some interesting conversations with my mailman. He is a gun-owner also and shops at the same dealer I do.

WilderBill
December 31, 2002, 11:25 PM
No, not at all...

unless you count Cheaper than Dirt, Cabella's, and the NRA as being dead giveaways. :rolleyes:

BillCola
December 31, 2002, 11:59 PM
Sure it does... and if the post office folks chat with my UPS guy...:rolleyes:

Hey! Neat smileys at this place! :impaled: :neener: :what:

4570Rick
January 1, 2003, 12:40 AM
Besides all the above mentioned mags, catalogs, and club mailings, you should see the back window of my car. :eek:

And what about my name. :D

blades67
January 1, 2003, 01:00 AM
My Mailman thinks my car gets reloaded rather than refueled.:evil:

m.i.sanders
January 1, 2003, 01:14 AM
If it doesn't, I'm doing something terrible wrong. :rolleyes:

Blackhawk
January 1, 2003, 01:22 AM
Yep

January 1, 2003, 01:29 AM
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't get something gun related. I quit worrying about it. I am NOT doing anything wrong. I am NOT doing anything immoral. I have nothing to be ashamed of and I don't have to hide my hobby from anyone.

Of course I live in a free state. When I go to get my mail (I get my mail at a mailbox etc type of place only it is a mom and pop operation), the owner wants to see the latest stuff I bought. Then he has to show me his carry piece which I have seen a hundred times. I specifically don't get my mail at home so they don't leave packages out on the porch. It isn't unusal for me to work for 48 hours at a time plus the drive of 70 miles each way. My UPS guy hangs out in the gun store. So, why worry ?

If one of them gets any ideas about stealing anything, my cute little Rottweiler will handle my light work just like he did the last time someone broke in while I was at work

Lochaber
January 1, 2003, 01:52 AM
I dont know my mailman well enough to read his face when I see him, but last time the UPS guy droped off 1000 rounds of 8mm Mauser, he commented to my wife that we sure do shoot a lot. I really do feel bad for the guy's back considering the various heavy ammo boxes he has to climb my porch steps with.

Loch

emann
January 1, 2003, 03:58 AM
It sure wouldn't take the mailman to many days of delivering my mail to figure me out. :eek:

tlhelmer
January 1, 2003, 10:25 AM
Yes. Blue Press, Cheaper than Dirt, Bushmaster etc....

Sisco
January 1, 2003, 10:31 AM
My regular mailman probably gets all the same stuff I do. Got to shoot his new M1A1 the other day.

Smoke
January 1, 2003, 10:37 AM
Yeah sure. The UPS man is a gun guy too. He's always interested in what I'm getting.

But since my answer to the question is: Yes. My questions is "So what?"

45King
January 1, 2003, 10:43 AM
Does my mail mark me as a gun person? Well, let's put it this way...one day as I was looking through my mail, I came upon a copy of New American magazine with a post it note attached to the cover. It was from the lady who delivers our mail, and she said she had noted the kind of magazines I received and thought I might enjoy reading HER old copies of NA. Cool!

Sven
January 1, 2003, 02:47 PM
Just unsubscribed yesterday from 'heavy' mailing lists of:

Natchez, Midway USA, NRA

...no reason to upset my roomates unnecessarily.

Walther P99
January 1, 2003, 03:06 PM
The amount of NRA mail/magazines I get should have me pegged.

Jeff White
January 1, 2003, 03:15 PM
Besides the usual guowners publications my mail has at times contained sales literature on the TOW II missile system :cool:

I've often wondered what the postman must think.

Jeff

45R
January 1, 2003, 03:21 PM
I guess I am pegged as well....Ruger, HK, Kimber, Wilson...CDNN, Natz to name a few..... :neener:

Raoul Duke
January 1, 2003, 03:26 PM
Never mind the postman and the UPS guy; I'm worried about John Poindexter and the two hundred million dollar experiment!

2dogs
January 1, 2003, 04:05 PM
Wasn't there a proposed plan to have mailmen snitch on "suspicious" folks as part of Homeland Security?

Looks like just reporting all THL members might have been enough to clog the system forever.:D

MountainPeak
January 1, 2003, 04:19 PM
I know my mail "makes" me as a gun owner. My mail man recently asked me for a recommendation for a home defense firearm for his 23 year old daughter!:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Does your mail "make" you as a gun owner?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!