Springfield, what gives?!

PDA

Third_Rail
March 13, 2005, 11:29 PM
Springfield Armory... I have wanted a SA M-6 scout rifle for as long as I can remember. It was the coolest thing I had heard of, and I still think they're neat.

So, preparing to order one in the next few months, I look on the website to decide on which particular model of M-6. Wait, what's this? I can't find it....

SA discontinued the M-6, it appears. Yay for waiting... :banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield, what gives?!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
homeka45
March 14, 2005, 03:50 AM
One for sale on gunsamerica and on auctionarms. Man I hate putting things off then finding out they're not available anymore, well any ways :) Good luck.

eab
March 14, 2005, 08:52 AM
They are pretty common. They show up at the gun store I frequent once in awhile. gunbroker.com should have a couple.

Third_Rail
March 14, 2005, 12:02 PM
The rifle has been discontinued.

Thanks,

Brandy
Customer Service Department
Springfield Incorporated
420 W Main Street
Geneseo, Illinois 61254
800-680-6866

:(

Third_Rail
March 14, 2005, 12:12 PM
I may just have to go to a more traditional .22/shotgun design, such as a Savage. Too bad on the M-6, that's really frustrating.

JNewell
March 14, 2005, 02:35 PM
I may just have to go to a more traditional .22/shotgun design, such as a Savage. Too bad on the M-6, that's really frustrating.

The only Savages that are really competitive for weight and size are the Campers Companion model, the 24C. These are somewhat uncommon, at least at reasonable prices. It's a .22LR over 20 ga. The 24C is a better gun for most purposes -- it has a real stock, and a real trigger. The M6 is lighter, thinner and flatter, though, and probably more corrosion-resistant in either finish than the Savage.

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield, what gives?!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!