Hate Cleaning AR Chambers?

PDA

Bartholomew Roberts
March 14, 2005, 09:44 AM
Doing my daily patrol of the Rifle Forum, I noticed several people comment that they hated cleaning the chamber of an AR and found it a pain. I thought I would pass along news of a new cleaning product called "Chamber Stars"

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=7&t=227406

To put it simply, it is a small piece of pad shaped like an AR chamber that fits on the tip of a bore brush and cleans the chamber in a single pass. The thread above has more information.

I haven't used them at all myself; but I thought they might be helpful for those of you who find the task tiresome.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hate Cleaning AR Chambers?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
homeka45
March 14, 2005, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the link, that looks like a great idea. :)

Chris Rhines
March 14, 2005, 03:36 PM
You guys actually clean that area?

Huh.

- Chris

March 14, 2005, 08:57 PM
Yes, I actually clean that area.
In fact, if there was only one area to clean on an AR, the chamber would be it.

Anyway, I bought a device at a gunshow that consists of a T-Handle, plastic coated steel cable, and a threaded furrle for a chamber brush. You can pull this thing in and out easily or twist it. I see them at every gunshow and I highly recommend them.

Duke of Lawnchair
March 14, 2005, 09:19 PM
Looks interesting.

I ordered 60 pieces for a test drive.

-Jim

Chris Rhines
March 14, 2005, 09:27 PM
Um, are we talking about the chamber? Or the locking lug recesses on the barrel extension?

I keep the chamber spotless, but I've never bothered cleaning the locking lug recesses. Never noticed that they get particularly dirty.

- Chris

Gary G23
March 14, 2005, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the info. I just ordered 60.

bcbr
March 14, 2005, 10:33 PM
Definatly thanks fer that info.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hate Cleaning AR Chambers?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!