Ruger 10/22 Target Barrels and Folding stock?

PDA

cidirkona
March 14, 2005, 11:11 AM
I've looked all around the net, but could not find any info on this one...

Can the Butler Creek 10/22 folding wire stock fit a .910 or .920 'target' barrel?

Also, I've seen 12.5" 10/22 barrels on gunbroke.com, and wouldn't it be illegal to attatch these to a stocked 10/22? I saw other people selling stocks that had the shoulder section completely removed... how do they get away selling these? The 12.5" barrels come with 6 inches worth of flash suppressor, but does that actually count as barrel length from a legal standpoint?

Thanks!
-Colin

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger 10/22 Target Barrels and Folding stock?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hollowhandle
March 14, 2005, 11:16 AM
Butler creek folders will not fit the target barrel. You will have to open up the stock some.
The 12.5 barrel with a long FH is legal as long as the FH is permanatly attached.

cidirkona
March 14, 2005, 11:18 AM
What's the point of a 16" of barrel an only 12.5" of it is actually pushing the bullet?

-Colin

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger 10/22 Target Barrels and Folding stock?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!