Poll - should the U.S. invade Iraq

PDA

hso
March 9, 2003, 11:37 PM
I'm interested in finding out if RKBA supporters think that the US should invade Iraq. Considering the extreme feelings over the issue I thought the best way would be a simple pole. That way folks that didn't want to get caught up in the arguments and potential stone throwing would have a chance to express their opinion "safely".

sorry for the "the our" typo

If you enjoyed reading about "Poll - should the U.S. invade Iraq" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MitchSchaft
March 9, 2003, 11:42 PM
I guess you haven't seen the 2 polls a week on this issue:neener:

SodaPop
March 9, 2003, 11:55 PM
I still don't think we are going to invade Iraq.

Schuey2002
March 9, 2003, 11:58 PM
I still don't think we are going to invade Iraq.
I do..;)

Coronach
March 10, 2003, 12:00 AM
As do I.

To quote Led Zeppelin, "Your Time is Gonna Come."

His has.

JMO,
Mike

hso
March 10, 2003, 12:06 AM
MitchSchaft,

I've seen the other polls, but I thought a more simple direct (less clever) approach was appropriate to get to the core of the question. Not should we wait or not, not will we or won't we, but should we.

SodaPop
March 10, 2003, 12:12 AM
I think we're going to use someone in the Iraq military, along with factions of the Iraqi military, to invade and kill Saddam and the Republican guard. I think we'll contain and annihilate the Republican guard. I think we'll bomb Iraq, but I don't see 200,000 troops moving into Baghdad.

I don't think we're going to tolerate another mass surrender from Iraqi soldiers. I bet we're going to drop leaflets that say "Go take your country back from Saddam."

ahadams
March 10, 2003, 12:16 AM
I want OUR guys and gals making sure that all the nasty stuff SH and his merry henchmen have come up with has been completely obliterated. Though if they have to obliterate SH in the process, I have to admit it wont bother me terribly much.

Blackhawk
March 10, 2003, 01:14 AM
leaflets that say "Go take your country back from Saddam."Good plan! :D

SodaPop
March 10, 2003, 01:36 AM
I already won $5 from a TFL member that bet me that we would invade Iraq by March 1st. I bet him $5 in December that we weren't invading Iraq. I'm $5 richer today. :)

Ever since we beat Japan with the A-bomb, I doubt we'll ever invade a country like we did when we stormed the beaches of Normandy. What a mistake that was....:rolleyes:

jmbg29
March 10, 2003, 02:10 AM
Yes!

rick458
March 10, 2003, 03:59 AM
The Brits in Kuwait already had some Iraqis try and surrender to them the Brit Paras told them they could not accept them as POW because there wasn't a war yet they were so disseveled that it really shook up the Paras
once again we need to drop liberator to the people
it is going to be a real feeding frenzy when the MINDERS are powerless and the Iraqi people go for their pound of flesh we should let them feed for a while:evil:

Kahr carrier
March 10, 2003, 06:34 AM
Yes :)

faustulus
March 10, 2003, 06:35 AM
Nothing like a good war to move the economy along. :scrutiny:

telewinz
March 10, 2003, 06:56 AM
The damning evidence will come after the invasion, not before.

Med 10
March 10, 2003, 10:57 AM
Saddam could turnover a stack of weapons that would reach the moon and we will still invade. Regardless of what Saddam does his country will be invaded. This is not only part of the "war on terror" but also economic stimulation,{hopefully :)} and political agendas.

If they really want to secure the U.S. then maybe they should secure the border to Mexico. 18,000 illegals a month slip into the U.S. and assimilate into our society and we never know about it.

I wonder how many terrorists have slipped in and are lying in wait in thier numerous little "cells" just waiting for the word to activate.

jsalcedo
March 10, 2003, 05:49 PM
If Saddam turned over every document, scientist,actually came up with some WMD and let the UN inspectors crawl up into his alimentary canal with a 4 foot maglite then a war may be averted.

I don't think Saddam has enough brains to save his regime
and keep us from invading.

Topgun
March 10, 2003, 05:59 PM
Let's have a "brain match" with Saddam and Bush.

:what:

sonny
March 10, 2003, 06:02 PM
We will win .....not sure how yet

telewinz
March 10, 2003, 06:02 PM
Only because it is in the United States best interests, no one elses. Its called nationalism and competing for natural resources. Since our entire way of life is based on "cheap" free flowing oil it seems like a Hell of a good reason to me. All benefit whether they are for the war or not. We are committed for the forseeable future to readily available oil whether we like it or not. We have to stay the course for now, maybe in the distant future we will become dependant on some other energy source.

SodaPop
March 10, 2003, 06:07 PM
My reasoning for getting rid of Saddam is:

We gotta kill one of our enemies at a time.

Med 10
March 10, 2003, 07:32 PM
telewinz is correct. I also think its pathetic that we still have to rely on oil.

We should be blazing a trail into the future and setting a shining example for the rest of the world to follow with alternative methods of fuel.

Instead we sit in our bloated gas guzzling vehicles chocking on fumes in traffic jams and have the gall to complain about gas prices.

It would be nice however to secure our most valuable commodity for the long term by stationing a force in Iraq and securing the oil fields for our use. Yes, I think we should permanently occuppy Iraq. It would be expensive yes, but just think of the possibilities; 75cents a Gallon gas! Boy then we could build bigger and less fuel efficient vehicles.Whoopie!:barf:

.45Ruger
March 10, 2003, 08:17 PM
Better to invade now than wait until SoDam Insane has a Nuke to smuggle into Washington or drop on Tel Aviv.

Standing Wolf
March 10, 2003, 08:40 PM
One aircraft. One bomb.

Peace follows victory, not land wars in Asia.

heartless bastard
March 11, 2003, 02:46 AM
Edited by Matt G to remove remark by a Trolllllllie trolly-trolly-troll-troll.

:rolleyes:

MitchSchaft
March 11, 2003, 03:18 AM
Troll alert

rick458
March 11, 2003, 03:53 AM
Very Strange , His post count went from 1 to 0

RustyHammer
March 11, 2003, 03:12 PM
Tactical Nuke ... it's them now or us later! (They'd sure as hell do the same IF they could!)

:fire: :fire: :fire:

telewinz
March 11, 2003, 06:19 PM
sometime before the next iceage would be nice.

Gary H
March 11, 2003, 09:11 PM
I love the strategy. Whenever the U.S. wants to attack another country, we simply instruct the opposing military as to when to attack themselves. I'm sure that this is plan "A" and I hope that it works, but I fear that we will need to put the fear of God into them before they take care of Saddam. The moment that the folks guarding Saddam fear the U.S. more than Saddam is the moment that Saddam no longer rules.

Next, we need to tell N. Korea to attack itself and then it is Iran's turn. This could revolutionize warfare.:confused:

WilderBill
March 11, 2003, 09:22 PM
If we tried that on France, would they surrender to themselves???

Oh yeah, if we invade let's use guns, OK?
( Helps keep it more on topic.)

clem
March 11, 2003, 09:27 PM
If we don't, well that will be it for "our word".

But, if Iraq does turn over...............

larryw
March 11, 2003, 09:28 PM
Yeah, you're right Med 10. Its pathetic that the farmers who grow the crops that feed us and tens of millions outside our borders rely on oil. Just think how nice things would be if they went back to ox and plow.

Think you'd be part of the 10% of the popluation who survive this Luddite dream?

Should we invade? Yes.

Will we? No.

RustyHammer
March 12, 2003, 09:46 AM
Invade, NO!

Drop a nuke on their *** ... maybe?!?!?!

:fire:

10-Ring
March 12, 2003, 10:48 AM
Much sooner rather than later & probably w/o UN consensus (I say consensus because w/ don't need their approval for anything!) :rolleyes:

seeker_two
March 12, 2003, 10:54 AM
Oh yeah, if we invade let's use guns, OK?

OK, but remember----use enough gun...

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/msgfisher/a329.jpg

(Thanks to the 29th Field Artillery Regiment page (http://members.tripod.com/~msg_fisher/) )

Med 10
March 12, 2003, 11:59 AM
larryw. Where do come off thinking that my statement applied to farmers? That is a ludicrous thing to say. Re-read my post before you go shooting youre mouth off. Not one time did I mention farmers.

If you enjoyed reading about "Poll - should the U.S. invade Iraq" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!