TN Carbine Match?

PDA

The Rabbi
March 16, 2005, 05:34 PM
I have gotten a huge amount out of shooting IDPA matches in terms of skill development.
I am working towards an AR build now and would like to be able to use it much like I use my revolvers in competition.
Are there any carbine matches in TN or in general. And/or would anyone else in the area be interested in starting something like this up?

If you enjoyed reading about "TN Carbine Match?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
taliv
March 16, 2005, 06:46 PM
i'd definitely be interested.

Fly320s
March 16, 2005, 10:27 PM
There is a place up near Kingston/Bristol/Johnston that does carbine matches. This place: http://www.tac2.com/index.php.

I haven't been to one, yet, but it's on my to do list.

I'm up for a carbine match. Rifle or pistol caliber?

The Rabbi
March 16, 2005, 10:34 PM
Unfortunately tri-cities is like a 6 hour drive from Nashville. And as much as I like the idea there are limits to where I'll go. An hour and a half is about my limit. I would be interested to see how Tac2 runs theirs.
I think it should be relatively close to IDPA in their spirit of avoiding an arms race. Some of that is unavoidable with, esp, AR's. I dunno, maybe one class for rifle caliber, one for pistol?

faustulus
March 17, 2005, 03:48 AM
Unfortunately tri-cities is like a 6 hour drive from Nashville
What do you drive a horse and buggy? :)
Clearly not a native Nashvillian. :p

They have some three gun matches around, and some highpower rifle (Manchester, Gallatin, Dickson and Maury County come to mind) but I don't know of any pure Carbine matchs.

Seraph
March 20, 2005, 02:46 PM
It seems I'm the mood for reindeer games these days. I live in Knoxville, and I'd be interested in a carbine competition or some kind of 3-gun game. I'll ask some friends and see what is already running in the area. If there is nothing, maybe we can garner enough interest to start something up.

If you enjoyed reading about "TN Carbine Match?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!