Range Report First time shooting XSE

PDA

EghtySx
March 16, 2005, 11:37 PM
Bought a Colt XSE lightweight commander last week for carry and just shot it for the first time today. Went out with Dad and my brother to a berm we have way back of Dad's house. Didn't stay as long as we would have liked cause it got a bit chilly. Not having lived anywhere but Texas I am comfortable in 95 degrees but 40 is a little cool for me. We just set up paper targets first, as we always do before looking around for stuff to blow chunks out of.

I burned through a WWB value pack and kept loading ball. Gun ran as smooth as they come and was plenty accurate. We didn't bench so I can't really say how accurate but I hit what I was aiming at with it about as good as I do with anything freehand. Dad was shooting his Kimber and my brother had his new STI Ranger II that went through Dawson. Man, the action on that thing feels like a swiss watch. (no prancing pony on it like mine though :neener: )

Besides the WWB stuff we had some Winchester 230gr hollow points and some Cor-Bons, Gold-Dots, Golden Sabers, and Hydra-shocks. I was gonna run a couple/three hunnerd rounds of ball through my new gun first but somewhere along the way I noticed Dad had given me a mag full of some hollow points, looked like Golden Sabers. A little later my brother was loading mags so I started just getting a mixture of everything available. The good thing about that was, I never could tell what I was shooting. It all ran fine with no hiccup whatsoever through the about 300 rounds I put through it today. I gotta admit, I am a Colt guy but with the way guns are now, and what I have owned and my family members own, I fully expected to have to do some work on this gun to get it to feel and run like the others. After today I have decided that I will just carry and shoot it for a while, not gonna mess with it. BTW, it was the lightest pistol there today too. That STI was the heaviest.

When I bought this pistol, the woman that sold it to me, whom I have dealt with before and will deal with again, told me that the price on these things had gone up lately and that it looked like they were getting a little scarce as she had to "call around and find one". I was OTD for well under $900.

I would recommend this pistol to anyone.

If you enjoyed reading about "Range Report First time shooting XSE" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Range Report First time shooting XSE" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!