Does anyone have suggestions for souping up my MKII?

PDA

280PLUS
March 17, 2005, 07:47 AM
I'm particularly interested in getting rid of the trigger slack and the lateral slack in the hammer mechanism. What is the idea behind the little plunger/spring assembly in the mechanism? That appears to account for the slack. Has anyone tried to jam it with say a piece of putty eg. or maybe a stiffer spring?

Thanx

If you enjoyed reading about "Does anyone have suggestions for souping up my MKII?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RoyG
March 17, 2005, 09:35 AM
Which Mk II???

Rifle or Pistol???

280PLUS
March 17, 2005, 09:41 AM
Ruger Pistol, so sorry...

Not to be a smart @$$ but we are kinda in the "Handgun/Autoloader" forum.

:D

jaybar
March 17, 2005, 12:02 PM
hey 280 - that little plunger/spring mechanism performs two functions: 1. Trigger return and 2. Disconnector reset. A stronger spring would only increase the felt trigger pull. Plugging it would probably make the trigger inoperable. The take-up on the trigger can be eliminated by drilling and tapping the front bottom of the face of the trigger and installing a small set screw for adjustment. This subject and a lot more kitchen table Ruger 'smithing topics are discussed in great detail at rimfirecentral.com in the "ruger other" forum and at markII.org forums. Both of these sites are dedicated to the Ruger semi-autos and have some very knowledgeable posters. Check them out.

280PLUS
March 17, 2005, 02:41 PM
thanx for the links, i'll look them over.

:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Does anyone have suggestions for souping up my MKII?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!