Mags from Bachman

PDA

Rickg30
March 17, 2005, 06:31 PM
I just got some USPc .40 mags from Bachman Pawn and Gun in Dallas. They were advertised as factory new. They appear to be of good quality and look just like mags that came with the gun. But on the bottom of the finger rest type base pad the spot where the HK logo should be is scraped off. There are some markings about the caliber. The guys at Bachman said that they came from HK that way. Sounds fishy to me. Anyone know the the real story
with these mags? They were pretty rude about me questioning the mags.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mags from Bachman" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Wingshooter
March 17, 2005, 06:51 PM
The guys at Bachman were rude to you? Sorry to hear that. I thought I was the only one they treated that way, both in their shop and at gun shows. Shame really, about 10 years ago that was one of my favorite places to shop. I generally won't talk smack about someone, but I guess sometimes I have to make an exception.

I hope you find out about your mags, can't really help you there.

cgv69
March 17, 2005, 07:25 PM
I thought I was the only one they treated that way

No, that seems to be a coming occurrence when dealing with Bachman's. I have read various posts from many people who have had the same experience. I bought a Sig from them and while I can't say they where rude, I wouldn't call the transaction friendly either.

Rickg30
March 24, 2005, 08:36 AM
Got an email back from HK. They say trere is no reason to suspect that thet are not factory HK mags. No explanation from them either as to why the logo was scrraped off. I guess I'm good to go. i do think Bachman should explain in their advertising exactly what you'll be getting.

LeonCarr
March 24, 2005, 09:56 AM
These folks are much more friendly, have just as good or better prices than Bachman's, and are in the DFW area.

www.sportingarms.com

Great folks to deal with.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

If you enjoyed reading about "Mags from Bachman" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!