See, this is how my luck goes.

PDA

Norm357
March 18, 2005, 08:19 PM
An elderly neighbor asked me this evening if I could help her with some yard work so off I went. When I was done she asked me if I wanted an old gun! Well.......YEAH! She goes digging around in the garage while I have visions of old three screw Smiths, old Colts and whatnot going through my head. She returns with a tiny revolver. A Rohm RG 10 in .22 short. Im gonna clean it up and maybe shoot it if it looks safe. Damn my sorry luck! :D

If you enjoyed reading about "See, this is how my luck goes." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LiquidTension
March 18, 2005, 08:22 PM
Even if it doesn't shoot you can turn it in to one of those "buyback" programs and get $50 for it. That's what I did with some old junkers...walked out with $200 (of my own tax money). Three of the things didn't even fire...

Harry Paget Flashman
March 18, 2005, 08:49 PM
My former brother-in-law's Dad found an RG .22 Short in a motel room in 1973. He gave it to me. It spit lead in every direction but out of the barrel. A real hand mine! In 1974 I sold a Walther P 38 to raise cash for the purchase of another gun. Part of the deal was that the buyer had to take the RG at no additional charge.

To this day I wish I had of disposed of it on a bench grinder.

EghtySx
March 18, 2005, 08:52 PM
I have an RG10 that belonged to my great-grandmother. Worst 23# trigger I have ever felt. I had never seen another till I was in a little gunshop one day. They had one they were asking $40 for.

Old Fuff
March 18, 2005, 08:55 PM
Some folks will tell you that this gun isn't any good, but don't you believe it.

If you put some hooks on it you can go fish'in ... :evil: :neener:

Sylvilagus Aquaticus
March 18, 2005, 09:05 PM
My brother bought, new, an RG 38. He fired exactly 3 rounds of .38 Special LRN through it before he gave up on it because of the lead spit and powder burns on his hand.

Seems to me that he threw it into the river bottom thickets as hard as he could with his unburned hand.

I won't begrudge the fiscally embarrassed among us a means to defend themselves, but sometimes a cheap pistol isn't worth the bite it gives the shooter.

Regards,
Rabbit.

If you enjoyed reading about "See, this is how my luck goes." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!