Guy Shopping (Gun Show)

PDA

shep854
March 19, 2005, 06:26 PM
About every two months we have a pretty good size gun show at the Birmingham-Jefferson Civic Center. I finally got to it today with some money. Talk about a toy store!

I had no plans to buy a gun (I didn't either!), but to pick up mags and accessories. Overall, I feel like I came out pretty good. @ome of the purchases were treasures, such as two 1930's training books for flying ($20). I also found a factory CZ75 mag for my pre-B for $20.

Another goody was a set of wood S&W grips for my Bodyguard, and a Pachmayr grip adapter for another $20. The wood grips look much better than the boot grip the gun had when I got it.

I also came across a very nice GI sling for my M1, as well as a sling/oiler set for my carbine, a rare M1956 mag pouch for M14 mags, as well as a couple of GI M1911 mags, and a very nice gear bag for gym use.

The only thing I felt maybe I paid too much for was an Italian-made mag for my Hipower, but it looked like NATO issue for $35. I also picked up a Checkmate M9 mag, just to see how good or bad they really are.

All told, a very satisfying afternoon. When I total everything up, I feel good that I got my money's worth.

If you enjoyed reading about "Guy Shopping (Gun Show)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim K
March 19, 2005, 09:01 PM
When I first looked at the title I thought it was by a woman. Several single females have told me that ranges and gun shows are good places to do "guy shopping" in another meaning.

Seriously, that Birmingham show is pretty good; I used to hit it when I was TDY in Alabama.

Jim

shep854
March 19, 2005, 11:07 PM
Yeah, after I typed it, I thought the title could be taken that way, but I have confidence in the good sense (and humor) of the forum members.

Actually, there were a number of attractive ladies at the show.

If you enjoyed reading about "Guy Shopping (Gun Show)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!