Speaking of CBS ......

PDA

cosmonick
March 21, 2005, 01:08 AM
I was looking around for articles on the recent church shooting in Wisconsin when I noticed a link on CBS's web page to an interactive page on gun "history" in America. Their description of it is:
"A history of the right to bear arms, state-by-state gun laws and death rates, maps of recent school and workplace shootings and facts on who's at risk."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/14/national/main679823.shtml

It's fairly biased, and yet at least a little interesting.

In one graph called "Who's at Risk?", I noticed that they combined the figures for "Homicide" and "Legal Intervention" into one column. It's obvious why they would do that, but I found it a bit comical that they would lump criminal action and police action together ..... :)

I also found it striking that about 50% of gun deaths were caused by suicide and about 10% by accident.

Mo

If you enjoyed reading about "Speaking of CBS ......" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DRZinn
March 21, 2005, 07:27 PM
More of the same. <we need a yawn smilie here...>

If you enjoyed reading about "Speaking of CBS ......" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!