Gun related books?

PDA

Jmurman
March 11, 2003, 09:03 PM
I just finished "Without Remorse" by Tom Clancy. I really enjoyed this book. My previous book read was "Unintended Consequences" I enjoyed one too.

Do you know of any good books to read?

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun related books?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Baba Louie
March 11, 2003, 09:05 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=655&highlight=good+books+authors

a few :D

Enjoy

Adios

MountainPeak
March 11, 2003, 09:07 PM
www.jpfo.org has some good ones if you're into the politics of guns. They don't read like the novels you mentioned, but do have some good info..

gryphon
March 11, 2003, 09:11 PM
I'm on a Heinlein jag right now. Just finished Farhnam's Freehold and The Sixth Column. Both very enjoyable reads. I have Stranger In A Strange Land, but have not started it yet. I read Starship Troopers years ago, and remember it to be a very good book as well.

ReadyontheRight
March 11, 2003, 09:30 PM
Check out Stephen Hunter in this order:
1 - Point of Impact
2 - Black Light
3 - Dirty White Boys
4 - Time to Hunt (the best - read this if you only read one)
5 - Hot Springs
6 - Pale Horse Coming

Also - Vince Flynn. "Transfer of Power" features tactical/practical use of twin snipers with .50 BMG rifles. His other books are pretty good too.

Standing Wolf
March 11, 2003, 09:40 PM
Pleae allow me to recommend Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield, and of course, the Iliad and Oddssey by Homer.

jsalcedo
March 11, 2003, 09:50 PM
I remember Skeeter.

A compilation of Skeeter Skeltons articles from shooting times over a period of 30 years.

Great stories, some of them hilarious and almost all of them
relating one way or another to Skeeter and his friends and their love of guns.

compiled by his Widow Sally Skelton
ISBN 1-879356-49-x

Wolfe Publishing Company
6471 Airpark Drive
Prescott Arizona 86301

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun related books?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!