Packing Cabbie gives dose of instant justice to would be assailant

PDA

Ben_Tucci
March 21, 2005, 11:12 PM
A Jacksonville cab driver with a CCW defended himself and his passengers and ended the life of a would be armed robber. This is just another example of why civilians should be able to carry in normal every day life. Story Link (http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=34168)

If you enjoyed reading about "Packing Cabbie gives dose of instant justice to would be assailant" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
one45auto
March 22, 2005, 01:51 AM
I love hearing stories like that! Good guys win, bad guys push up ragweed - sweet! :)

dsb
March 22, 2005, 09:45 AM
The part I don't understand is the driver's manager saying that he doesn't advise carrying because "they aren't cops". Yup, I'm sure this driver would much rather have pressed the panic button in his cab instead of defending himself :rolleyes:

mfree
March 22, 2005, 11:45 AM
The manager's statement is just a CYA, I'm sure.

Ben_Tucci
March 22, 2005, 02:56 PM
The manager was just adding in a cya because in the local tv coverage he was on camera saying that he knew a lot of his drivers were carrying for protection and that they did so they could protect themselves. He did not portray that in a negative light whatsoever. He is the manager of 2 of Jacksonvilles biggest cab companies so I'm sure he was just trying to make sure it didnt sound like he had little robert deniro's from "taxi" running his company lol right or wrong.

DRZinn
March 22, 2005, 04:03 PM
You'd think this would make the national news after those recent shooting sprees.

Nah.

DSRUPTV
March 22, 2005, 05:32 PM
Good for the cabbie, and Doc, why would the media want to say anything nice about how guns can protect people.

DRZinn
March 22, 2005, 09:25 PM
That's my point.

hrb02
March 23, 2005, 02:03 AM
Because it doesn't fit their agenda.

Remember they are not actually "reporters" covering stories and relaying the facts. They are idealogues with specific agendas.

Bear Gulch
March 23, 2005, 01:07 PM
A goblin assuming room temp is always good news.

If you enjoyed reading about "Packing Cabbie gives dose of instant justice to would be assailant" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!