You might be a gun nut if........

PDA

Ohen Cepel
March 22, 2005, 10:31 AM
You drive around with a gun case in the truck just in case you find something you have to buy during your day.

Found myself doing this today. I might have an issue :D

If you enjoyed reading about "You might be a gun nut if........" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tinker
March 22, 2005, 11:08 AM
You might be a gun nut if....

..while working in the yard you hear a full auto burst off in the distant hills you automatically cup your ears to try and fix the location while simultaniously thinking to yourself: "Man, that doesn't sound too far away. I wonder if i could find that guy if he would let me run a clip through his toy? Or better yet, maybe he let me shoot my rifles regularly at his private shooting range too?"

Actually did this this last weekend while I was building fence. :)

LeonCarr
March 22, 2005, 11:16 AM
You might be a gun nut if...

You have every gun shop and pawn shop within a 100 mile radius on speed dial :).

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

M67
March 22, 2005, 11:22 AM
... every gun shop and pawn shop within a 100 mile radius have you on speed dial.

Antjo
March 22, 2005, 11:38 AM
You drive around with a gun case in the truck just in case you find something you have to buy during your day.

HA, I do the exact same thing.

EasternShore
March 22, 2005, 11:47 AM
...if you have ever said "well, since it can't be fixed we might as well make it a target/target stand/or some variation there of..."

kfranz
March 22, 2005, 11:58 AM
If you have two copies of your 03 in your wallet, because one might not be enough.

If you have your credit card # memorized, solely due to gun related purchases.

Wayne D
March 22, 2005, 03:09 PM
You start buying duplicates of guns you already own, "just in case".

Bear Gulch
March 22, 2005, 03:34 PM
The folks at SOG recognize you voice when you call in an order!

Archangel
March 22, 2005, 04:00 PM
...while watching a movie, after every scene with a gun your fiance pauses the movie, turns to you, and says "Ok, what did they do wrong this time?"

Third_Rail
March 22, 2005, 04:05 PM
Better yet, when she points them out herself!! :D

trickyasafox
March 22, 2005, 04:18 PM
. . . its just not christmas without firearms changing hands

Redneck Revolver
March 22, 2005, 04:48 PM
you have ever had your boyfriend/girlfriend say they love you and you reply back "i love you too *insert favorite gun name here*".....the slap hurt alot...

Archangel
March 22, 2005, 05:26 PM
Better yet, when she points them out herself!!

I'm working on it. I've already got her doing this (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=114536) :evil:

Missourigunner
March 22, 2005, 05:46 PM
Your favorite recreation is to Window shop at the local gun shop or Pawn Shop. :)

Standing Wolf
March 22, 2005, 06:15 PM
You might be a gun nut if all the foregoing make perfect sense, but you haven't got time to enjoy other people's perspectives, because you're looking for the best deals of brass, dies, primers, powder, and bullets for a caliber you'll have a use for if you win the auction you put a bid in on last evening—and have checked seven times thus far this afternoon.

t-maggot
March 22, 2005, 11:16 PM
........your wife calls your favorite gun shop to see what you want for your birthday....................I love my wife :)

sm
March 23, 2005, 01:31 AM
...you are guilty of training future gun nuts.

I was the recipient of a coffee can full of spent .22 lr brass from a "I'm 5 almost 6 " year old.

In return I gave her another brick of .22lr ammo. I still think I came out way ahead on the deal. ;)

N.M. Edmands
March 23, 2005, 01:49 AM
sm, you da man! :)

wardog
March 23, 2005, 02:01 AM
You research every available gunsmith for your precious 1911. You weigh their experience and notoriety. You contemplate wait times and shipping methods. You search gun boards looking for feedback on your chosen smith. After months of nervous speculation you make your choice and finally ship off your gun for work.

For your family's health care you open the phone book and choose the one closest to the house.

DonNikmare
March 23, 2005, 02:13 AM
...you look at your coffe table's wood patterns and think "This piece right here will make some fine new grips."

...you name you son Gage.

...you name your daughter Coltina.

...you call your daughter not Tina, not Ina, but Colty.

...you pay your monthly bills and go "Dang, that could have been a SKS, an AK, etc."

...you drive your wife nuts by continuelly pausing your Friday night movie in order to make or gaze upon a gun used in an action sequence while trying to educate her at the same time "See, that there is an AK-47, and that is a Beretta..."

...you brake down, buy a new coffee table for your 'wife's birthday', and ship part of the old one to Hakan.

Nik

chris in va
March 23, 2005, 05:49 AM
...you hear a shot ring out, and realize it's your neighbor thwacking his floormat on the curb. :rolleyes:

Spot77
March 23, 2005, 07:55 AM
....you have THR set as you Homepage

jobu07
March 23, 2005, 08:54 AM
You skip lunch to buy ammo... :o

scott5
March 23, 2005, 10:30 AM
You find a smoken good deal on powder/brass/dies even though you don't have a gun that goes with those components.

... You take a job that has a HAZMAT placard and a doc just so you can order powder in bulk.

...The FBI/DEA/BATF has your number on speed dial in case they come across a gun that they know you know about.

...Every time your friends go on vacation they call you and say they found and old model(insert model make style here) and ask if they should buy it for you. :)

Scott5

Johnpl
March 23, 2005, 01:20 PM
You know you're a gun nut when...one of your most vivid memories of childhood is the punishment you received for taking antique Christmas tree ornaments (who knew?) out to the back yard to use as cool breakable targets
for your brand new Daisy Powerline bb gun. :rolleyes:

Bear Gulch
March 23, 2005, 01:57 PM
Per earlier posts, I only had one copy of my 01 with me and it isn't enough.

sm
March 23, 2005, 03:18 PM
- Bought a new toothbrush to clean guns with - granted the one for your teeth is 6 months old.

-Ever attended a shoot and because you used the toothbrush in your tolietry kit to clean your guns...you had to use a pipe cleaner and fingers to brush your teeth.

-Don't have a copper scrubber in the kitchen to clean difficult foods from pans - persish the thought of using the Chore Boy in gun room for such a task.

-The pull- chains for the Ceiling Fan and lights are different colored spent shotgun hulls.

-Have ever bought Kid sized shooting glasses, and ear protection - "just in case" - even though your are single and have no kids.

-Have been known to "re-format" a HDD using various firearms and various calibers.

-Ever emailed an Excel assignment to an instructor and accidently included some ballistic testing :uhoh: only to find the instructor was a shooter and appreciated the test results. :p

-Ever given 50 rd boxes of .22 ammo to kids for "trick or "treat".

-Your dog has a 28ga shell box of his own, and he greets folks at the door with the box, or will show displeasure if you move HIS box off HIS favorite chair.

-Made a 5 year old girl happy by making a brass braclet for her from her spent .22 casings.

On second thought, I'm not a gun nut - just plum crazy . :D

Redneck Revolver
March 23, 2005, 04:42 PM
you email the marine corps armory at quantico your birthday/christmas wish list.

Little Loudmouth
March 23, 2005, 08:10 PM
In winter, you find yourself longing for "good, honest recoil" because you can't shoot any pistols bigger than .22 at your local indoor range.

stumbler
March 23, 2005, 08:16 PM
...You go looking at a Springfield Armory .45 for the wife and wonder if that would be a good trade...

Bear Gulch
March 23, 2005, 08:30 PM
You've splashed on a little hoppes #7 before a date!

BigSlick
March 23, 2005, 08:39 PM
You've ever called the local PD to inquire about the spent brass from the firing range... goes to commercial reloaders... hmmm...

Then followed up with a question about what happens to brass casings used as evidence in a trial after the trial is over just to make sure you didn't miss any.

No use wasting good brass :D

BigSlick

possenti
March 23, 2005, 09:51 PM
-Made a 5 year old girl happy by making a brass braclet for her from her spent .22 casings.

What a GREAT idea! Seriously, I'm gonna do that!

Ringer
March 23, 2005, 10:23 PM
You might be a gun nut if........

You are subscribed to this thread :neener:

Texian Pistolero
March 23, 2005, 10:34 PM
You've seen your pregnant daughter's sonogram,

showing that you will have a granddaughter,

and you immediately went to Bass Pro,

and immediately bought that wee girl baby a 20 gauge 870 Remington pump youth model.

Texian Pistolero
March 23, 2005, 10:35 PM
you have emailed the PLO,

asking them to provide,

a "come to Jesus",

target list.

Web
March 23, 2005, 11:05 PM
You might be a gun nut if....

You won't go on vacation to any place that doesn't have a gun range...at the hotel.

Sam Adams
March 24, 2005, 02:42 PM
...while watching a movie, after every scene with a gun your fiance pauses the movie, turns to you, and says "Ok, what did they do wrong this time?"

I've done that so often that as soon as I take a breath and begin to open my mouth, my wife says, "Just shaddup and let me enjoy the movie."

Abby
March 24, 2005, 06:18 PM
...if you scam out of your normal duties to do an all-day rifle/pistol range. You then rush home from work and refuse to change. When your spouse comes through the door, you hurl yourself at him shrieking, "Smell me! I smell like the range!"

And he's jealous. :D

Navy joe
March 24, 2005, 07:40 PM
...you walk into your shop to buy a lb of powder and leave 4 hours later, having worked a shift to fill in for someone who didn't come to work, recieving free powder in return.

or

...you go to get your spare tire out of the trunk well and find 1K spare bullets rolling around that you spilled and forgot about a year ago.

...You pick brass up at the range for calibers you don't own.(Hey, if somebody is dumb enough to leave once fired .50BEO or .45-70 laying there, I'm dumb enough to pick it up.

BJPARKER
March 24, 2005, 08:15 PM
After a formal introduction, the first words out of your mouth are "hey, you're the guy that shoots that cool 50cal!" :)

Dave McCracken
March 24, 2005, 09:04 PM
If you own more guns than the average Central American revolution.

If you use numbers as nouns, like 38, 45,1911,19, 30-30, 870, 500, 700.

If your wife has to dab a little Hoppe's on to get your attention.

If your Holiday gift list ever includes ammunition.

If you own a T shirt that has BA/UU/R printed on it.

If every catalog written in the English language that contains the word "shotgun" in it more than twice arrives at your house first.

If you think Aberdeen Proving Grounds is the world's best theme park.

If you know what this means....

If you enjoyed reading about "You might be a gun nut if........" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!