LOL, who does this guy think he is fooling?

PDA

ID_shooting
March 22, 2005, 04:30 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=73953&item=7142475028&rd=1

If you enjoyed reading about "LOL, who does this guy think he is fooling?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Halffast
March 22, 2005, 04:46 PM
Probably the idiots that run Ebay!

DSRUPTV
March 22, 2005, 04:46 PM
Is it just me, or does 200 bucks seem a bit high? Am I missing something?

clipse
March 22, 2005, 04:49 PM

You do get free shipping with the buy it now. :)

clipse

Tijeras_Slim
March 22, 2005, 04:49 PM
Guy's from New Mexico, I dissavow all knowledge of him. :D

DRZinn
March 22, 2005, 04:53 PM
Something odd going on...

Daniel T
March 22, 2005, 04:53 PM

Well, it is a 30 rd factory Ruger mag. That's gotta be fairly rare.

ZeroX
March 22, 2005, 04:56 PM
Ha!

mbs357
March 22, 2005, 05:11 PM
It says it's a 10 round model 30...
Not a 30 rounder.

redneck2
March 22, 2005, 05:25 PM
the guy that's bidding $100, or the guy that has it listed and won't let it go at that price (reserve not met) :neener:

As as for "the idiots that run e-bay"...when you're worth a few billion, you can call them all the idiots you want. What you make in a lifetime would pay their taxes for a month

Spreadfire Arms
March 22, 2005, 05:29 PM
he is selling a pre-1994 factory Ruger 30 round magazine. anyone who has a Mini-14 knows that the only two mags to buy are Precision or factory Ruger if you want them to cycle correctly.

Ruger LE marked 30 rounders are about $50. i had 27 of them i sold at $50 each without question in Sept 1994 right after the ban.

he is targeting a market where there is a state law banning the post-94 magazines, such as California.

the big issue is that some of these states prohibit importation of additional "pre-94" magazines into the state..such as California. so the buyer is commiting a crime for the importation. however once the magazine is already in-state it's very difficult to figure out when it was imported.

Missourigunner
March 22, 2005, 05:43 PM
If that Mag is worth $200, then I have thiis Bridge for sale. :uhoh: :rolleyes:

faustulus
March 22, 2005, 06:22 PM
As as for "the idiots that run e-bay"...when you're worth a few billion, you can call them all the idiots you want. What you make in a lifetime would pay their taxes for a month
so by this rationale (I hesitate to use the word 'logic') Sam Walton was smarter than Albert Einstein, Niels Bohr or Enrico Fermi.

SMLE
March 22, 2005, 06:42 PM
Another line for your signature.

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Bear Gulch
March 22, 2005, 06:46 PM
Maybe it's just a big boned mag!

thorn726
March 22, 2005, 06:47 PM
SMLE, nice line in Your sig!,
anyway, MAYBE this guy thinks he can overcharge to some rich buyer in CA wh ocouldnt otherwise get this??
or worse, it is a set up?, that seems unlikely tho.

crafty ebayer anyway.

TexasRifleman
March 22, 2005, 11:32 PM
Heck, thats cheaper than you can buy them from Ruger as a civilian, sounds like a bargain to me....

F*** Ruger.......

P14Enfield
March 23, 2005, 01:03 AM
This magazine is new old stock and has been in dry storage sense 1985.

I cannot trust any man that can use the wrong "since" when attepmting to sell an item.

PromptCritical
March 23, 2005, 02:20 AM
Ruger is kissing up to the gun grabbers by not selling 20 or 30 round mags to civilians. They are afraid that the Mini 14 and 30 will be labeled "Assault Rifles" and that banning them will seriously hurt their business.

Ruger factory mags are exceedingly rare, and often do fetch $100 each. I figure they are looking out for themselves in the short term.

John Galt said it best: "“In any compromise between good and evil, it is only evil that can profit."

Deavis
March 23, 2005, 09:06 PM
so by this rationale (I hesitate to use the word 'logic') Sam Walton was smarter than Albert Einstein, Niels Bohr or Enrico Fermi.

Sam Walton was as much a genius as any of those others you have listed there. Einstein, Bohr, and Fermi built on an impressive amount of knowledge from many other great minds to introduce incredible theories into their fields. Sam Walton did the same thing, just in a different field. His genius was in getting people to open their pocketbooks, not understand quantum physics. Smart is a relative term, I think what you are looking for is intelligence.

possenti
March 23, 2005, 09:30 PM
I bet someone would really be pissed if they get the magazine, and it has a plug welded onto the follower that allows ONLY 10 rounds to be loaded... :D ...just as advertised.

HighVelocity
March 23, 2005, 09:49 PM
If he gets 200 for that sucker I have 5 30 round preban mini 30 mags that will be on ebay next. I added the auction to my watch list.

Whoops, just realized the auction was over and he did not relist. Bummer.

dev_null
March 23, 2005, 09:57 PM
I believe PT Barnum said it best...

- 0 -

SpaceCowboy
March 23, 2005, 10:12 PM
What the hell is a model 30?

redneck2
March 23, 2005, 10:17 PM
dude, you're missing the point. It wasn't Einstein that called the guy an idiot. It was a THR member. I sincerely doubt that he's in the same league as those you mentioned.

In my long and storied life, I have found that, the more intelligent someone is, the less likely they are to call someone else an idiot.

I had a cousin-in-law that always used to call his boss/owner an idiot and go on and on at great lengths about all the stupid things he did. Funny, the boss was a multi-millionaire and the cousin-in-law didn't have two nickles to rub together.

faustulus
March 24, 2005, 02:54 AM
SMLE,
"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."
Better too much than too little, I always say. :)

Deavis,
All terms are relative (or are they all related, I forget).
However, I would disagree that Sam was as smart (intelligent) as the others I mentioned. I would argue it is more difficult to build theory's on matter that at the time was almost impossible to quatify. The difference between playing chess and playing chess in your head. Not to say Sam wasn't smart (intelligent) but I am not ready to put him as one of the top minds of the century.

Redneck,
Sorry I thought he was calling the guys at ebay idiots. I took your analogy to say that until he had money he was not in a position to call them idiots. While I don't condone calling anyone an idiot, I don't think you need to be in a speical income bracket to do it. I tend to think the guys running Enron were idiots, and I will never make the money they lost.

If you enjoyed reading about "LOL, who does this guy think he is fooling?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!