El Rojo, I found your PRK semi-auto Mojo!

PDA

Gewehr98
March 22, 2005, 10:11 PM
I felt kinda bad you were stuck with that abomination of a FAB-10, and thought that the SU-16 would make a good substitute. Then Volquartsen sent me a glossy package today, and look what was in it!

https://www.volquartsen.com/images/rifles/evolution.jpg

Volquartsen Evolution center-fire rifle (https://www.volquartsen.com/vc/public/ListItems.do?familyID=10)

Gas-operated, uses standard AR-15/M16 magazines, looks like a 10/22 on Mark McGwire juice, and comes in either .223 Remington or .204 Ruger. I'll wager your friends Perata, Feinstein, and Boxer didn't foresee this one coming in under the ********** radar, either... :D

If you enjoyed reading about "El Rojo, I found your PRK semi-auto Mojo!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Skunkabilly
March 22, 2005, 10:14 PM
Oooh what is that, a match-grade Mini-14 that takes AR mags? :evil:

Dionysusigma
March 22, 2005, 10:18 PM
Too bad the mags themselves are still restricted. :rolleyes: :banghead:

Harry Tuttle
March 22, 2005, 10:18 PM
$1930.00
:what:

Gewehr98
March 22, 2005, 10:21 PM
There's no way on Gawd's green earth that Volquartsen would ever stoop so low as to start with a Mini-14. That's a clean sheet of paper there, pardner. Notice that the ad says "X-rings at 600 yards and beyond". Definitely not a Mini-14. ;)

Dionysusigma, the mags are restricted, but still floating around in the PRK if you had them from before SB-23. And there's always the same 10-round mags that folks on the Left Coast have to use in the SU-16 gun...

Andrew Wyatt
March 22, 2005, 10:54 PM
it's too bad they didn't put a lighter barrel on it and had to leave the reciever in the white. other than that it looks like it might make an okay rifle.

Domino
March 23, 2005, 12:30 AM
Beautiful rifle, I like that idea. that's a PRK must have.

El Rojo
March 23, 2005, 11:50 AM
Volquartsen makes darn good 10/22 parts, 80 ground squirrels on Monday can attest to that [or at least their relatives can]. However, that is a pretty steep cost. I think I will stick to the FAB-10 and if I want a tack driver upper [my BM V-match 20" is doing the job right now], I can probably spend anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 as much as that pricey gem. Precision guns don't need a huge magazine. It is the tactical fun gun that I get depressed when I go bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, click. :(

I just bought a SU-16 and I am tapped out for money. Yes I bought about 20 AR mags before the ban so I am good to go. Someday, we will get our guns back. Some day.

If you enjoyed reading about "El Rojo, I found your PRK semi-auto Mojo!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!