Slide Modifications

PDA

XD40Assassin
March 24, 2005, 03:25 AM
Hey all! I have a Springfield XD40 Service in Black and I was wondering if I could do something to it. What I want to do is all just about looks and I think itd look awesome as long as there arent any problems with it. Ok you know how there is a cutout in the slide on the right side of the barrel where the shell ejects? Well, I want there to be a cutout on the other side as well in the exact shape and size. Again this is all just for looks because I think it would be nice to see the entire barrel and it would look more James Bondish :p . So can I do this or will there be problems?

If you enjoyed reading about "Slide Modifications" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
seed
March 24, 2005, 06:55 AM
Assuming you're not kidding, I would have to say that it would NOT be a good idea. First, it would do nothing to improve the function of your XD, but would probably have an adverse effect on it. Slide weight would be reduced and this could alter the cycling. More importantly, it would most definitely compromise the strength of the slide and probably cause it to eventually crack or even break in two. And finally, you could kiss the warranty good-bye.

You are just kidding though...right? To tell you the truth, I feel pretty foolish for responding...like this is some sort of internet forum joke or something. If not, I apologize for the unintentional insult.

Old Fuff
March 24, 2005, 09:56 AM
I wouldn't!

Your XD pistol is designed so that the barrel locks in the ejection port. What you propose could lead to some serious problems. I understand your desire for a custom look, but find some other way too do it.

Special sights perhaps??? :D

deputy tom
March 24, 2005, 12:40 PM
Don't ruin a perfectly good gun.If you really need a James Bond pistol go buy a Walther P-99,PPK or a Beretta 950BS and be done with it.tom. :cool:

dakotasin
March 24, 2005, 01:05 PM
if you want a custom look, send it off to be ceramic coated in whatever color/pattern you like.

XD40Assassin
March 24, 2005, 01:36 PM
Lol ok, I dont need to have it this way I just thought it might look pretty neat. Its cool though, I have more, less serious upgrades in mind for this bad boy. Thanks anyway! And no I wasnt joking :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Slide Modifications" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!