what's it like getting shot?

PDA

q102josh
March 24, 2005, 01:11 PM
well this is something ive been curious about for a little while... what is it like being shot? is it like excrutiating pain or are you so out of it afterwards, that you dont really feel anything until you wake up in the hospital? and what's the recovery like? obviously this isnt something id like to experience first hand, but ive never had the chance to chat with anyone who's an experience where they were the victim of a shooting.

If you enjoyed reading about "what's it like getting shot?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
logical
March 24, 2005, 01:38 PM
What was that movie...

guy gets shot and his partner says..."Does it hurt bad?"

His answer..."Well, it don't hurt good"

ID_shooting
March 24, 2005, 01:42 PM
Not highly recomended. I took a few 7 1/2 shot to the chest out bird hunting. None penetrated my shooting vest but it still hurt like an SOB.

Bandit01
March 24, 2005, 01:44 PM
Tell you what, I'm willing to help you with your inquiry.
Break into my apt., while I'm there and try to steal something. To make it more interesting, bring a knife with you. I guarantee that you'll find out. And to make it more sporting, I'll even allow you to choose which caliber that you want to feel:

10MM
or 12 Guage.

:evil:

EghtySx
I've been hit by birdshot too. The first thing you notice is how big and heavy the pellets feel when traveling fast...

Omni04
ever seen the movie 3 kings? i imagine it is like that ^_^

but it also depends on where it is at and what caliber bullet. One of the presidents i forget who it was, was shot with a .22 and didn't even notice it until later! I have heard a couple counts of this although i find it hard to believe. Maybe it is like when you skin your knee you can barley feel it even though it is bleeding.

why don't you shoot yourself in the foot and tell us all how it feels ;D

walking arsenal
March 24, 2005, 01:45 PM
"Interesting, ive been hung, stabbed and burned but ive never been shot (scratch scratch) kinda itches" :D

I got a 9mm in the left shoulder once, it was a ricochet off of some steel target plates. I didnt get through the vest i was wearing but it made a really nasty mark and spun me around when i got hit. that little bullet seemed like a buick when it hit me, i was pretty surprised.

And also bird shot, that stuff stings.

MikeJackmin
March 24, 2005, 01:48 PM
I was shot clean through the thick part of my left thigh when I was 12 years old, with a .22 rifle (long story!)

The impact felt like a hammer blow. For whatever reason, the blood running down my leg felt cold, like ice water was spilled on me. Until we got to the hospital, I thought I could feel the bullet still lodged in my leg, but it turned out that I was feeling the exit wound instead.

Weird, huh?

Not fun at all, I assure you...

Vern Humphrey
March 24, 2005, 01:48 PM
From my experience, it stuns you, and then it hurts like hell.

Deavis
March 24, 2005, 02:53 PM
walking arsenal, nice! "No thanks, I already had Italian!"

Ric
March 24, 2005, 03:54 PM
two from an AK47 in Grenada
Felt like a sledgehammer then hurt like hell

jefnvk
March 24, 2005, 03:57 PM
Only thing I've been hit with is a paintball. But that is enough to tell me I don't want to be shot.

OTOH, watch the movie Jackass sometime. Guy voluntarialy takes a shot to the stomach with a beanbag, and he goes right down. They show the bruise a couple days later, and it is pretty nasty.

Chipperman
March 24, 2005, 04:15 PM
This morning I heard an interview with one of the kids in the school shooting last week. He was shot in the hip. He said it actually hurt LESS than he expected. Better him than me, I say.

I think the location of the injury has as much to do with the pain you feel as the caliber/severity of the wound.

Hope I never find out. :uhoh:

Griff
March 24, 2005, 04:22 PM
Rocksalt stings, and makes you fall off of barb-wire fences. Ain't no pumpkin worth it, kids.

AirForceShooter
March 24, 2005, 04:24 PM
it HURTS!!!
a LOT!!!!
it's not something anyone should ever try.

AFS

Lonestar.45
March 24, 2005, 04:31 PM
I don't personally know, but, dad was in the 3rd Battalion 5th Marines, H&S Co., Vietnam, in Sept. '67, and was hit 3 times with an AK. One grazed his elbow and took out some meat (the scar looks like an ice cream scooper just went across his arm), one grazed his stomach. The third went in near the belly button, and out under one buttock, taking some intestine with it.

The first two, he said it felt like it was on fire, like a branding iron or something. He fought several hours like that (they were overrun numerous times that night by a large NVA regular force that had them surrounded), but the third one put him in shock and he nearly died from blood loss. A buddy kept him alive all night until the a.m. When dawn broke, air support was finally able to run off the NVA. Choppers came in, his buddy walked off to tend to some others, the medics put dad in a body bag and zipped it up. His buddy came back over and asked what the heck they were doing, unzipped the bag, and pulled him out. Believe it or not. Operation Swift, Sept. 6, 1967. I was born 3 years later, dad met mom at Ft. Sam Houston where she volunteered to help the war wounded in the hospital. It's a wonder I'm even here at all, eh?

I have no desire to know what it's like to be shot. Suffice it to say I bet it sucks, big time.

DigMe
March 24, 2005, 04:43 PM
I didnt get through the vest i was wearing but it made a really nasty mark and spun me around when i got hit.

I doubt the veracity of that statement. A 9mm bullet straight out of the barrel doesn't have the physical ability to "spin you around" much less one that ricocheted off a metal plate and didn't penetrate. You may have spun around but that bullet did not spin you around.

brad cook

wasrjoe
March 24, 2005, 04:46 PM
I think (hope) he was joking. But, you never know... :uhoh:

Tinker
March 24, 2005, 05:11 PM
I've never been shot, but my dad was in Korea. Chinese bullet flying low to the ground went in on outside of his foot/ankle and exited the other side. He was hit while running for cover after the shooting started. He said it hurt like hell after the shooting stopped and the adrenaline passed.

bill2
March 24, 2005, 05:30 PM
I think there's a certain DEA agent who could accurately answer your question.

walking arsenal
March 24, 2005, 06:34 PM
Digme

:rolleyes: Sorry i was simplifying, i was in a hurry, it was easier than typing "turned me approximately six inches to the left.

and yes i did some of the "turning" myself.

You would have done a bunch of turning too if you got whopped in the chest with a ricochet. :)

EBRDude
March 24, 2005, 06:56 PM
No pain at first, just a feeling of dread and a cold feeling. I thought someone had popped a flashbulb and smacked me in the head with a board at the same time. Shock made me want to puke, crap and pass out all at the same time. Pain came about 2 hours later, and morphine did not help.
Took 2 surgeries, and about 6 weeks to get back on my feet.
I suggest you take the advice on this thread and avoid the experience.

cidirkona
March 24, 2005, 07:02 PM
I was in the indoor range here in town once, when my buddy in the lane next to me shot his target with his S&W Scadnium .45. Somehow the bullet bounced back THROUGH my target and into my shoulder (I had my weapon down because I was watching him shoot). The force sent me backwards, flipped through the bulletproof glass windows, through the lobby, out of the bay windows and onto the hood of my car in the parking lot. All of this left only a little welt on my shoulder, felt like a paintball. The smashed up round landed on the counter in front of me too - I probably should have kept it.

-Colin

HighVelocity
March 24, 2005, 07:07 PM
I got accidentally shot in the back by a friend with a .22lr and it felt like grandma whacked me with a switch followed by an intense burning sensation. Then I could feel the blood streaming down and pain in my shoulder where the round exited.
I got real lucky. No serious damage other than a gargantuan bruise for about two weeks. The round traveled up my shoulder blade just under the skin and exited the top.

Bear Gulch
March 24, 2005, 07:31 PM
Been rained on (with spent shot) while duck hunting public land. But the ducks decoy so well in this one funnel each opener that I just stand under cover now.

Lennyjoe
March 24, 2005, 08:39 PM
I've been shot at with a high power hunting rifle. Dont know that caliber but I do know that after I put the 3rd round thru the back of the bastards truck bed he decided to turn tail and run. Long story....

Arc-Lite
March 24, 2005, 08:58 PM
"what's it like getting shot"....OK, think of a sharp metal poker, that has spent all day, in an oak fire..... then put this sharp RED/WHITE HOT poker...on the end of something going FAST.... and has allot of force behind it.... then think of your own blood....not a little...ALLOT....and it squirts....not just bleeds... think of the pain...of a broke bone....now think of that pain...with a shattered bone...BLINDING PAIN...remember those days, when you were a kid? when you spun around so much you were sick, from being dizzy.....and felt kind of light headed....and competely out of it.... now add three hundred times that feel.... but not so much...that you lose track of the fact...that someone is doing their best to KILL YOU...and still is trying. that is as about as mild...as I can put it. now don't even think about what comes later.... you never just get shot....it's you've been shot...and every day...it comes and pays you a visit....forever.

RevDisk
March 24, 2005, 09:24 PM
I honestly didn't notice I was shot until someone pointed out that my entire sleeve had turned red, and was dripping. Afterwards it hurt, somewhat.

The more annoying aspect was the healing part. It itched like crazy. I couldn't vigorously scratch it like I wanted to. People probably thought I was insane, because for a few weeks afterwards I'd stare at my arm, grit my teeth and/or swear my head off.

Atticus
March 24, 2005, 10:03 PM
From my experience, it stuns you, and then it hurts like hell.

Agree. Throbbing and burning...lot's of throbbing and burning 20 minutes or so after the fact.

Daemon688
March 24, 2005, 10:05 PM
When I was taking gun safety classes, my instructor told us a story about getting shot. He was hit with a .22 in the leg and didn't feel a thing. He didn't realize he was shot until his boots filled up with blood :eek:

Kurt S.
March 24, 2005, 10:51 PM
Never happened to me and I don't care to experience it but I have collected a few 1st hand anecdotes through the years:

1) Many years ago back in Florida- saw a guy in a bar get shot with a twice with a snub nose revolver from maybe 6 feet away. Looked like he got it right in the belly button but I later learned he actually kind of took a couple of low-power (.32 or .38 S&W) rounds kind of in the rib cage on his left side. Looked like it didn't even bother him. He hit the shooter on the side of the head with a glass beer pitcher (put him down good), grabbed the gun away and put one in the fellow's temple from about 2 inches away as the shooter was sort of face down on the floor trying to get up; DRT as I recall. Then he went and sat down outside the bar on the porch and just waited on the cops to come. It all happened real fast.

2) A friend shot himself in the calf with a .22 rifle because of a careless fence crossing. He freaked out and ran a couple of hundred yards to where he had parked his motorbike and rode to an emergency room a few miles away. He said it felt hot at first and then by the end of his run cramped his leg up something fierce.

3) Knew a man who got shot in the hand and grazed in the arm with what was probably a 7.62X39 round in Vietnam. Never found out if it was from an AK or SKS, he said the guy jumped up in front of him, they fired at each other, and the NVA or VC whatever he was just hauled butt outta there. He said it was "hot, real hot" but not incapacitating.

4) A Pakistani I knew in graduate school got shot in the buttocks and heel running away from a riot in Peshawar, NWFP, Pakistan. He didn't know what caliber hit him but it left fairly clean holes, and another vote for very hot.

I've got a whole bunch more. I'm convinced there's not much good about getting shot.

Farnham
March 24, 2005, 11:22 PM
Here's probably the most pathetic story, compared to gettin hit by the Cong, the Pakistani police, and Bubba the Bird Hunter...

I was showing one of my wife's friends how to shoot with my air rifle, a Gamo .177 that puts 'em out at about 1000 fps, and about the time I said, "Hey, watch that muzz.." BANG!

Felt like someone kicked me in the foot. Hrrm, says I...figured it never made it through my boot, until I noticed the blood. Growling and cursing, I made my way to the head, sat down on the edge of the tub, and pulled my boot off over the toilet. Got a little pale when I saw how much blood poured out, then played it tough and tried to dig out the pellet with my Leatherman...hrrm, says I, again...what's that hard thing in the hole?

One of my buddies stuck his head in at about this time and fainted at all the blood (I called him a little girlie man later :evil: ) and I figured out that the hard surface was bone. Figured, hey, it's in the bone, I can't get it, and it won't kill me...apply Band-Aid, ice, and a dose of whiskey.

Shrug...two days later, I was in the hospital, with a really lovely set of reddish purple streaks running up my leg, and an uber-cool X-ray (kept it, too ;) ) of my foot bones with a big lead lump stuck in the big toe bone. The dox said that the chunk of boot, sock, and lead in that bone caused an infection in the bone (who knew bones could get infected?), and if left unattended, could have cost me a foot. Spent three days in the hospital and several hundred dollars on intravenous antibiotics...

Moral of the story, if you get shot, even with an airgun, you might oughtta seek medical aid. And to answer the question of "What's it like getting shot?", it really, really sucks. :o

bogie
March 24, 2005, 11:46 PM
Catching a frag feels like someone just stabbed you with a heated, dull, jagged, icepick.

Fumbler
March 24, 2005, 11:47 PM
I had a friend in school who tended to hang around the worser parts of towns (for questionable reasons).
Anyway, he was a good guy...just made some bad choices in his life.
He had a scar on the back of his leg from what he said was a 38 special or 357mag, something 35 cal out of a revolver.
The person who pulled the trigger was an old woman(I assume from his history that she was defending her property).

He said he heard the bang and it felt like someone whacked him as hard as they could with a baseball bat. He said it didn't move his leg like a baseball bat would, it just felt like it.
Then he said he could feel cold blood running down his leg.
He said he ran to a friend's house, then fainted.

I don't know how true his story is, but its still interesting.

Hope I never find out what it feels like...

thorn726
March 25, 2005, 01:20 AM
the guy i know who REALLY got shot-
he didnt feel a thing, ever again, still can't 30+ years later

got hit in the lower back, just high enough to cut off all sensation below the neck, can move his head, and just barely one shoulder.

it's not good to get shot.

Kevlarman
March 25, 2005, 01:26 AM
Does it count if you were wearing a vest at the time? :evil:

38SnubFan
March 25, 2005, 02:06 AM
Arc-Lite,

Thank you for that enlightening and grim, real story. I know I NEVER want to take that experience....EVER!

Worst I've had was shooting at a pellet trap with a .177 CO2 revolver. Ricochet came back and hit me square between the eyes, putting a small dent that lasted for a few days. Hurt like hell, but made me a lot more aware of "be aware of your target and backstop".

-Snub

rwc
March 25, 2005, 02:20 AM
I never have - my family is lucky that way.
Another dad story -
Mine was flying Hueys on his second tour in Vietnam (71-72) and his co-pilot had a M-79 (grenade launcher) he carried around. They were flying a mission and he shot himself with it in the thigh. They have a fuse that does not go hot until it travels a given distance; which is what kept them from dying.

I don't think the Darwin awards were around back then but this guy certainly quailifies.

Wingshooter
March 25, 2005, 08:59 AM
I got a .45 ricochet in the meaty part of my calf a few years ago, the bullet trap was so dirty it wasn't functioning properly. It didn't go too deep, more like someone running a knife blade across the side of your leg as opposed to a true penetrating injury, like a laceration. It surprised me more than anything. It stung and bled profusely, but it didn't hurt so bad that I had to quit shooting ;) . Compared to what all these other guys have experienced, it's definately nothing. I still have that slug somewhere, just don't remember where.

That was the last time I shot at that range.

ZEN.45
March 25, 2005, 09:33 AM
I got hit with a .32 in the right shoulder. I didn't feel any pain in my shoulder. But that bullet broke 3 of my ribs in my back and that did hurt a lot. I couldn't figure out how the BG shot me in the back when I was facing him !

When I took of my shirt the medic informed me that another bullet went true my left arm above the elbow (hadn't noticed).

I had to stay a few days in hospital with tubes draining impurities from the wounds.

At the hospital the surgeon told me later that their biggest worry was that if any lungtissue was hit they would have had to remove part of that lung.

I kind of regret the surgeon cut true the bulletholes ... no cool scars :D .

FPrice
March 25, 2005, 09:52 AM
One of the presidents i forget who it was, was shot with a .22 and didn't even notice it until later!

That sounds like the Reagan shooting. From what I recall of reading the accounts, the SS grabbed him immediately and rather unceremoniously dumped him in the limo to get him the heck out of there. Reagan's initial reaction was to yell at the agent to get off of him, that he (the agent) was crushing Reagan. The initial pain Reagan felt was from the manhandling necessary to move him out of the line of fire. It was only later in the hospital that they realized he had been shot.

Husker1911
March 25, 2005, 10:24 PM
A friend of mine was a door gunner on a heliocoptor in Nam. Served two tours. He tells a humorous story. General wisdom among the troops was that you could tell when you got shot and took a serious wound: It burned. You knew you were likely to die when it burned.

He was standing near a campfire with some other guys. It was hot, he had his shirt off. Unbeknownst to him, someone had thrown some ammo into the fire (.223?) The round cooked off, and the red-hot cartridge case flew out, struck my friend square in the chest! It burned like hell, and he knew he was a goner! Luckily, such was not the case, and he chuckles about it years later.

Fatelvis
March 25, 2005, 10:40 PM
454 Casull 260 XTP bullet through my chest, and out my back, while boar hunting. Hit my liver, diaphram, 1 lung, and broke a rib. I was still able to run to a pickup, and hang on for 25 minutes until we got to the hospital. Unless someone is hit in the central nervous system, they dont go right down, like in the movies. Thank God!! :)

12 Volt Man
March 25, 2005, 10:52 PM
Interesting that so many of our members here have been shot. I am glad you guys are still with us.

Vern Humphrey
March 25, 2005, 11:05 PM
Quote:
--------------------------------
General wisdom among the troops was that you could tell when you got shot and took a serious wound: It burned. You knew you were likely to die when it burned.
---------------------------------

My experience is that one sign of a serious wound is incredible thirst. That's a symptom of shock, and shock is what kills most people who die of wounds.

jaysouth
March 25, 2005, 11:14 PM
I took an AK or SKS round in the thigh from 50-100 meters. It felt like Roger Maris hit me with a full swing. I sat down and saw the blood, no big deal, says I, by the time I got off the medivac bird it hurt like 9000 abcessed molars being finessed by a jackhammer. The morphene couldn't come big enough or quick enough. I got a month of clean sheets and hot chow out of that one.

Back in the bush a month or so later, I got hit in the back with a 12" long piece of 155mm short round. The impact knocked me for a midair summersault. It knocked the breath out of me and plastered me flat on the ground. The impact of hitting the ground flattened a steel canteen. There was a bruise the size of a football on my hip and side that stayed with me for several months. The skin on my back at the point of impact of the shrapnel was not broken and there was no bruise. Someone standing ten feet away got hit behind the ear with a piece of shrapnel about the size of a toothpick. He was dead before he hit the ground. A machine gunner got struck in the body by the round when it landed. All we found of him was a boot with a foot in it, loose mangled maching gun rounds scattered all over and a punctured can of shaving cream spewing shaving cream all over. We never did find his M-60 or Helmet.

A year later, I was on a rear area firebase standing at attention for a memorial ceremony. The Captian standing next to me took a stray spend AK round that went through his bicep. He did not flinch and was unaware that he had been hit until someone else saw the blood. To his credit he refused a purple heart.(hear that jean fruaude kerrie?) He said at the time that he thought he was having a muscle spasm when the bullet hit.

10 Ring Tao
March 26, 2005, 12:23 AM
Interesting to hear so many stories of gushing blood. I've only seen 2 out of a bunch of GSWs in the ER actively and externally bleed, and only because a vein or artery had been hit.

airbornekyle1
March 26, 2005, 02:16 AM
A guy on opra was shot 7 times at point blank outside of a court house. he stated that he could feel the heat pass through his body and the force of the bullet hitting him but that was it till he got into the ambulance.then he said it was the most excruciating pain he ever had felt. the psyciatrist on the show stated that pain was a way to let the body know something is wrong. He said it takes the body .003 of a second for it to react to its enviroment he also stated that the injury occured so quickly that had his body realized what happend he would have passed out from pain and then he would have been killed.

DigMe
March 26, 2005, 02:50 AM
454 Casull 260 XTP bullet through my chest, and out my back, while boar hunting

How'd it happen? Did someone mistake you for a hog or did he just get carried away shooting at one?

brad cook

Glock19Fan
March 26, 2005, 03:19 AM
Yes, right between the eyes too.

Back when I was 9 or 10, I had just got my first slingshot. I was almost as interested in ballistics then as I am now. I was shooting everything, everywhere, finding out how deep it would penitrate through things, and I far I could get it to go.

Then, I got the idea to see how high I could shoot it up. I looked around for the biggest rock (thinking bigger rocks flew farther), put it in the pouch, and shot it strait up.

The problem was that I couldnt tell when it stopped going, when it stopped completely, and when it started falling...

then next thing I know I felt a good sized 3/4 inch rock smack me right perfectly between the eyes on the bridge of my know. Hurt like heck, but it didnt break the skin, or even leave a bruise. Just a really, really sore spot.

Another time when I was 11 or 12, two of my friends were shooting their BB pistols at the side of their house. I could tell just be the looks of them that they werent that high quality, and probably not that powerful. Somehow, they convinced me to shoot them if they could shoot me. So I got the BB gun, cocked it, and shot them in the back with it. Nothing much.

So I turn around, waiting to feel a good thump on my back, when I hear a loud(er) "snap". A second later, I felt a really hot burning sensation on my cheek (hint; not on my face). It turns out one of them had a more powerful pistol, snuck it out, and shot me in the a$$!

After a few minutes, I went home to check for any blood, and while glancing at my pants, I noticed a little black dot close to where I was shot. I dont know if it was coinidental or not, but I could swear it was a burn mark the BB made from hitting so fast!

They werent bullets, and thankfully, this is the closest I have come to being shot.

bg
March 26, 2005, 04:12 AM
I drilled through my index finger once..Sure hope it didn't hurt like that...
Bad thing was, I had to start up the drill in reverse to pull the bit back out.
Didn't much care for that either... :what:

pete f
March 26, 2005, 06:23 AM
Ahhhh war stories.

I got shot during a robbery/mugging in chicago. 38 wadcutter from a POS revolver that grenaded when it fired. Hit me in the sternum, the bullet stuck in the bone/cartilge, only thing I can ever think is that the energy to blow up the pistol and the plugged barrel absorbed most of the energy, it still hurt like hell. I could not breath for a long time without pain. same summer in chicago i got stabbed. That hurt a lot worse. screaming searing pain instantly.

while working I shot a 16 penny framing nail thru a clenched fist. my fist. in behind the thumb, out in the palm back in between my middle and index finger and out the back of my hand. That felt like i was the tee and tiger woods was teeing off. my whole arm went numb from the impact, later on the way to hospital, It started to THROB like mad.

two falls ago, taking some kids out pheasant hunting with a large group, a bird flew between my hunter and another kid. the other kids turned and followed the bird swingingthe gun right at me, I saw his finger pull the trigger and I twisted and ducked. I also screamed like a little girl. I did, not ashamed to say it. I was about 30 yards or so from him and i got most of the load hitting me. I had two birds in my vest already and they and the jacket and vest i was wearing took many hits, nineteen 7 1/2 pellets got through. some in my arm, some in shoulder and two in the base of my neck and those should have killed me but both ended up hitting my skull right at the base at the hair line. The ones in my arm and shoulder stung like hornets after the impact wore off, the ones in my head swelled up like eggs. Hurt like Hell for a a long long time. still can not through a base ball right, the way the right arm healed up it is really tight inside.

DigMe
March 26, 2005, 01:21 PM
Damn, Pete! Sounds like a you're a real sh*t magnet! Just kidding but wow...rough life! That seals it...I'm never moving to Chicago. :p

brad cook

GunWares
March 26, 2005, 01:42 PM
My local dealer/gunsmith had a not-so-interesting experience about 2 years ago. A friend dropped off his .25-06 rifle to have some work done on it, and my d/g put it in one of his bins. Sometime later the owner came back to test the OAL of some of his reloads by chambering them in the rifle. Somehow, he managed to leave a round in the chamber.

A few days pass and my d/g is looking for something. He pulls open the bin, and not seeing what he is after, shoves it closed with a brisk push. The rifle discharges and the bullet hits him on the left about waist high, from about 3 feet away. He spent 18 days in the hospital, sometimes battling for his life. He was told he would probably never walk again and had to use a walker or crutches for awhile, but eventually did manage to walk. He had kidney problems for awhile and many other side-effects. It was a good 10-month ordeal before things returned to a close approximation of normal.

I certainly hope I never have to take a round. It would appear to be a real bummer to deal with.

wolf
March 26, 2005, 02:07 PM
to all that served..thank you

just reading some of the stories made me shudder...pain is not something most folks enjoy..intense pain can not be fully described..even watching realistic "war movies" feels painful to me..getting shot is not something that can be felt through any medium except direct experience...ill pass on that

living in los angeles is risky..the chance of being shot here are high..

i have been held up and have walked into a bank robbery in progress..now i scan every movement people make and feel like im always on guard..(move to a better neighborhood you say...the hold up was in a west los angeles office on wilshire blvd adjacent to brentwood and the bank was in beverly hills on wilshire blvd)

wolf

Clean97GTI
March 26, 2005, 06:16 PM
The rapper 50 Cent was shot 9 times and lived.
Damn 10 round magazines!!! :fire:

While target shooting in the NV desert, I was taking a shot at a golf ball (throw it on the ground and see who scores the most hits with a .22) and missed. The round ricocheted and cut me right under my left eye. I was ever so thankful I had safety glasses on. Had the round aimed 3/4 inch higher, I'd probably be posting under some pirate-ish nickname or Patch Eyedams.

If you enjoyed reading about "what's it like getting shot?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!