Surefire E1E

PDA

ruger357
March 12, 2003, 07:26 AM
Will the lexan lens melt on this model if kept on for any amount of time? I ask because it is 4 times less powerfull than the 6P and would throw less heat. Thanks for any input.

If you enjoyed reading about "Surefire E1E" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
shooter.45
March 12, 2003, 08:13 AM
I do not believe it would get hot enough for the lens to melt. Its a nice light. :D

March 12, 2003, 10:15 AM
if it is the "elite" model is has a glass window. if not, lexan and it will not melt.

you might want to consider the KL1 led head instead. puts out about the same amount of light with better runtime. this is a good setup for closeup work.

i recommend the E2E if you need more throw. it's scarcely larger than the E2E and much more light.

ruger357
March 12, 2003, 10:56 AM
I already have a Streamlight Scorpion that throws as much light as the e2. I just want something smaller for everyday pocket carry.

jthuang
March 12, 2003, 02:15 PM
My E2 is my EDC light. I also have an E1. I don't know your particular situation, but the E2 is not that much bigger than the E1 and has a LOT more power. I wear my light clipped to my left rear pocket if that makes any difference.

That said, I have (accidentally) left my E2 on for extended periods of time and the lens never melted. The aluminum body was too hot to touch but the lens was fine. And remember, the E2 puts out 60 lumens (compared to 15 from the E1e) and it does NOT have the Lexan lens, so it's actually more prone to melting than the E2e's lens. Thus, I'd say the E1e's Lexan lens poses very little danger of melting.

Justin

ruger357
March 13, 2003, 06:46 AM
Picked up the e1 at a local gun shop yesterday. I was so impressed that I ordered the E2e-HA from lagger-pro. The Scorpion will be retired to the basement.:D

shooter.45
March 13, 2003, 07:24 PM
Should still keep the Scorpion. :D

ruger357
March 14, 2003, 11:04 AM
I did. In the basement.:p

If you enjoyed reading about "Surefire E1E" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!