What happened to Davis Industries?

PDA

Northslope Nimrod
March 25, 2005, 05:22 PM
Is Davis Industries still around?
I am assisting in a murder case where a Davis Industries .380 was connected (not the murder weapon) to the crime.
What is the status of this company? The old web page appears down.

If you enjoyed reading about "What happened to Davis Industries?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Glock19Fan
March 25, 2005, 05:44 PM
I think they have been out of business for quite a while.

The only info I can remember of the company is that they were a SNS company.

Bear Gulch
March 25, 2005, 05:51 PM
My recollection is a law suit . There was a tv news show were they documented that a woman was killed with a lorcin (davis owned) that the serial number didn't exist. It turned out that several employees were taking them off the loading dock by the case before they were recorded and selling the. The show tracked this gun from Cali (where it was made) to NY, Conn or somthing like that where one of those junky .380 was used in a murder. Show was Frontline as I recall.

Tom Servo
March 25, 2005, 07:20 PM
Here's part of the story (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/guns/interviews/bryant.html). This sort of thing gives me the willies.

Stevie-Ray
March 27, 2005, 12:33 AM
Another piece of junk. Think Jennings or AMT. :rolleyes:

GaryP
March 27, 2005, 01:57 AM
They are out of business!

On another note: AMT had issues for sure but their guns were not potential Hand Grenades! :uhoh:

:evil:

Bear Gulch
March 27, 2005, 10:55 AM
You still can find them. They are a cheap, sorry excuse for a gun. But the way there plant was run, it is no wonder that they went out of business.

If you enjoyed reading about "What happened to Davis Industries?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!