The project more fun than the gun itself...

PDA

10-Ring
December 31, 2002, 01:24 PM
Well, I just sold my Colt '91a1 project gun I've had for the last couple of years. Don't think there was anything left to change out when I was finally finished w/ it. Funny thing tho, I enjoyed the process more than I did shooting that particular gun....Now, I'm shopping around for another project gun... :rolleyes:
Has this happened to anyone else?

If you enjoyed reading about "The project more fun than the gun itself..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BigG
December 31, 2002, 01:45 PM
I think it happens to quite a few owners. AR15 and 1911 type guns, especially. Lots of aftermarket parts. :o

10-Ring
December 31, 2002, 01:51 PM
You know, I really enjoyed fondling all the small parts trying to find the right ones for me . Then the shooting it everytime a new part or adjustment was made. I probably put 3000 rounds through it total, during the development phase.
Then, when it was finally done, it was just lacking in something. It was 100% reliable & dependable w/ great accuracy, but it just lost something...oh well, back to old drawing board.

stevec
December 31, 2002, 02:47 PM
I bought a beater Israeli surplus BHP and fixed it up, and I'm working on a BHP GP comp, and next in the queue is an older Springfield 1911.

Working on your own guns is very satisfying (imo).

Steve

ruger357
December 31, 2002, 02:50 PM
Just starting to do my 1991a1, and I have to admit it is fun.

RussB
December 31, 2002, 04:53 PM
I'm an avid tinkerer myself. All the guns that've been through my hands have been "tweaked" just a bit. If it's just as simple, thorough, disassembling/cleaning of an old military rifle, or as involved as building up a 1911, I just HAVE to alter the gun in someway...:cool:

I do enjoy that aspect of firearms as much as shooting.

If you enjoyed reading about "The project more fun than the gun itself..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!