Romanian 4x24 AK scope

PDA

The Grand Inquisitor
March 26, 2005, 05:53 AM
I just bought a Romanian 4x24 scope from Southern Ohio Gun (for only $100....usually they go for at least twice that) and I was wondering if anyone out the has one and is experianced with using one. I haven't really been able to get a good grasp on making distance changes and what exactly the two dials do.

Any help?

Also - I was amazed with Southern Ohio Gun's service - I placed my order mid-day on the 23rd and it was at my door by mid-day today the 25th. The only downside is that the info that they give you to put it on (which is mostly easy) is scarce and there is no info on using it. But for half the price, I can't complain.

If you enjoyed reading about "Romanian 4x24 AK scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Onmilo
March 26, 2005, 06:09 PM
Simple, mount the scope and begin shooting at 25 meters, not yards.
You will be best to do windage center first then move out to 100 meters for elevation zero.

When you get your zero at that range back off the screw or screws on the top of the turrets, do not remove the screws just back them off until you can clearance the turret.
Lift the numbered portion and the turret cap slightly up away from the adjustment notches and turn the dial until the number 100 or a big zero, (some of these scopes are slightly different on their markings), is aligned with the lower elevation turret notch.
Tighten everything down and repeat for windage.
Windage center is usually a big zero with different colored numbers for windage left and windage right adjustment.

When you are zeroed the reticle may look off center in the optic, not to worry, Com-Bloc scopes use free movement reticles instead of the American type fixed reticle.
You still place the center of the reticle on center mass.

These scopes can be calibrated for 3 calibers types.
1. 7.62X39, these are also used on 9.5X39 hunting rifles, drop is the same.

2. 5.45X39 and 5.56X45, same reason

3. 7.62X54-.762X51-7.62X63, drops are again close enough for calibration.

The Grand Inquisitor
April 8, 2005, 03:49 PM
Big Thanks Onmilo!

I hope to get it out this week!

benEzra
April 10, 2005, 08:25 AM
You say it's a 4x24...does it look anything like this?

http://www.nightvisionweb.com/posp_4x24.htm

If so, there is a downloadable instruction manual for it here:

http://www.nightvisionweb.com/manuals/posp_4x24_manual.pdf

I've seen even more detailed manuals elsewhere, I think.

The Grand Inquisitor
April 10, 2005, 02:19 PM
shalom ben Ezra,

thank you VERY much...I actually just popped on the board here to see what was going on before I hit the road to go to the range and try to zero that scope. It looks good and solid, and I am happy to see that it is filled with nitrogen.

People love to bag on the Soviet firearms and gear, but it is made to last and work well. This is my first scoped AK, and I couldn't be happier.

PS - The manual is great, but does anyone know of a guide for getting the zero with 5.45x39? I decided to put it on my CUR 74 instead of the 47 and I'm wondering if I'll have any problems getting a good zero....we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Freightman
April 10, 2005, 02:23 PM
I have a 8x42 on my Saiga 308 and it is a fine piece of equipment really easy to zero.
Good to be back I had an infection in my new knee and spent 28 days in the hospital taking massive doses of antibiotics, (no fun) I feel like a freed prisoner.

Dave R
April 10, 2005, 10:26 PM
I have one on my AK, and it is a fine scope. benEzra, THANK YOU for posting the link to that manual! I have been needing one.

The Grand Inquisitor
April 11, 2005, 04:27 PM
I'll post a better report later, but I took it out yesterday to zero and I was amazed at how fast I was able to get a near zero in.

I say near zero because I forgot to bring sandbags and all I had to work with was the box that 1000 rounds of 5.56 ammo came in. Next week or so I am going to bring it out to pull it in tighter, and take it out to at least 100 yards to see how she does.

And let me once again gush at how amazing the 5.45 round is. It is just and absolute dream to shoot with its good ballistics and minimum recoil.

LONG LIVE THE AK74!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Romanian 4x24 AK scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!