Help - Mini-30 Misbehaving

PDA

MikeJackmin
March 26, 2005, 04:13 PM
My brother has a new Ruger mini-30 stainless (older style). Out of the box, it worked flawlessly for a few hundred rounds. After cleaning and reassembly, an unusual problem has developed.

Every time the rifle is dry-fired, the action becomes *very* difficult to open - it's almost jammed solid. The action opens easily if it has not been dry-fired, and it still shoots perfectly. It did not do this when we first got it.

I assumed that it might be a lubrication problem, and added some grease to the likely spots but it did not help. The Ruger manual recommends only a light coat of oil on the working parts.

Any idea what can be causing this?

If you enjoyed reading about "Help - Mini-30 Misbehaving" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NH AR Shooter
March 26, 2005, 04:17 PM
I would recomend not dry firing it anymore, as some guns simply should not be dry fired.

Andrew Wyatt
March 26, 2005, 04:27 PM
switch to grease on the oprod cavity that actuates the bolt. look at the hammer and check it for anything out of the oedinary, and check the tail of the bolt, and the oprod cavity.

Rebar
March 26, 2005, 04:30 PM
After cleaning and reassembly, an unusual problem has developed.
Sounds like it might have been reassembled incorrectly, if it was working correctly beforehand.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help - Mini-30 Misbehaving" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!