crooked glock barrel.

PDA

wirewelder
March 26, 2005, 09:08 PM
this may an illuision to me and my son. When we lock the slide open in our glock 17, the exposed barrel looks as if is crooked in the sense that it appears angled up in relation to the frame. Is it possible that there may be a real problem. the gun tends to shoot above sight targeting point. this gun is 2 mo old. has anyone else seen this or know what i mean. is there a problem here help glock guys please

If you enjoyed reading about "crooked glock barrel." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PMDW
March 26, 2005, 09:15 PM
That's a necessary part of the operation. It's supposed to do that. I'd only be worried if it didn't do that.

HighVelocity
March 26, 2005, 09:15 PM
Completely normal. The barrel is not part of the slide or frame and when you pull the side back the barrel angle changes as it unlocks from the slide.

Sneaky
March 26, 2005, 09:20 PM
It's common, and perfectly normal. These guys can explain it better than I can, but it's inherent to the way the action works.

Thumper
March 26, 2005, 09:22 PM
Slowly pull the slide to the rear while watching from the side. You'll see the hood unlock and go down as the slide runs over it. As the slide continues to the rear, it continues to subjugate the barrel hood and the hole in the end of the slide elevates the barrel as it moves back.

When everything moves forward again and is lined up, it's all lined up. No worries.

cool45auto
March 27, 2005, 11:46 AM
Yeah, no worries. It just aids the loading process. ;)

possenti
March 27, 2005, 01:50 PM
The gun is defective. Send it to me, and I'll dispose of it properly :D .

Lennyjoe
March 27, 2005, 02:03 PM
The gun is defective. Send it to me, and I'll dispose of it properly
There's always one that suggests this course of action..... ;)

hksw
March 27, 2005, 05:20 PM
If you are still uncertain and concerned of its straightness, disassemble the gun and examine the barrel by itself.

juggler
March 27, 2005, 05:55 PM
Several years with several Glocks and I still notice that also. When I use my 1911 I notice that it doesn't act 'normally' :rolleyes:

You'll get used to it. Best response I read was to pull the slide slowly and watch, it'll make more sense.

Thumper
March 27, 2005, 06:38 PM
Dude, your 1911 does it, too, just not so much. otherwise the barrel wouldn't unlock.

:)

If you enjoyed reading about "crooked glock barrel." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!