"I Gotta Have It" Guns

PDA

rugerfreak
March 26, 2005, 10:26 PM
What for you---when you spotted it---held it---fondled and drooled over it----made you say: "I gotta have it"----and you immediately put on lay-a-way---whipped out the credit card----took a loss on trade-ins or otherwise sold your first born just to have it???

I have a couple in the safe----otherwise everything else was a well thought out planned purchase.

1. Browning Citori Classic---just yesterday----Beautifull dull finished tiger striped stock---I can't relate more just how nice the wood is on this particular gun----matte blued barrels----silver receiver with an engaving pattern that brings back thoughts of the old Superposed. No shiney for me---can deal with shiney blueing---but shiney stocks are pimp stocks in my book.

2.Arsenal Inc SA M-7SF(Special Forces)------The dealer had just pulled it out of the box when I came upon it-----within 10 minutes it was in his lay-a-way room----the side folder----flash suppressor and bayo lug--along with the milled receiver made it a no-brainer for me---despite the high cost.

3.Stainless Marlin 336---the wood on this one is fantastic---if i didn't know better and the std Marlin price indicated----you would think the stock came out of some high end custom stock maker. Simply stunning.

4. S&W 686 Plus-----had wanted one for years-----but could never locate one---or have the funds when I saw one------when I came across this one---it was an instant sale----the extra shot was just a bonus.

If you enjoyed reading about ""I Gotta Have It" Guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
one45auto
March 26, 2005, 11:30 PM
1) 4" Ruger Police Service-Six. I came across that mint condition stainless steel beauty many years ago while visiting my favorite dealer and bought it on the spot. It's my favorite double-action .357 Magnum revolver. Period.

2) Smith & Wesson Model 642. From the instant I held it I knew I had to make it mine - and I did. It's been answering the doorbell with me ever since.

3) Pre-ban, second generation Glock 19. I simply couldn't fill out those forms fast enough, and that waiting period seemed to stretch into eternity. It's my "always" gun now.

Zach S
March 26, 2005, 11:37 PM
My most recent was a Springer mil-spec, picked it up yesturday. I saw it in the case, and had money on it an hour later. Before paying it off I had already changed the trigger, MSH, and grips.

The other was a Thompson 1927, although I succesfully fought the urge to put money on it for a few weeks.

[edit] Forgot about my first one, a Polymer Kimber (BUL). I put it on layaway about a week before I turned 21, and picked it up a week after.

Standing Wolf
March 26, 2005, 11:56 PM
I've always gotta gotta gotta have top quality Pythons and High Standards.

Shipwreck
March 27, 2005, 12:16 AM
Why do wives have to interfere with out MUST HAVES!!! :p :p :p

ny32182
March 27, 2005, 12:30 AM
S&W 1006... I spent more effort in getting the one I wanted in the configuration I wanted than I have spent acquiring all my other guns combined, and have over $800 invested in it including the finish (but not including the mags), which is much more than most of them currently sell for.... but the result is that the pistol is exactly what I wanted. :)

A post sunset SA M-7 just went to the top of my short list, and I will probably order one if I can find someone to buy my VEPR, which is awaiting a new handguard.

Clean97GTI
March 27, 2005, 01:21 AM
When I first heard about the stamped Arsenal Inc rifles, I knew I must have one.

A lucky hand at a poker game gave me the funds and I now own a brand spankin new SLR-105R

I've also got my eye on a S&W 1076. Its the only 10mm I think I can afford now and its also the most comfy in my hand. I WILL have one.

Oh yeah, I forgot one. A Steyr S9 before CDNN gets rid of them all.

eab
March 27, 2005, 01:22 AM
The one gun that I saw that I had to have was my first gun a Ruger 10/22 Carbine, with scope. I saw it on the rack at the local run store and I just had to have it.

The other gun kind of like that was my SKS. I heard abou them, researched them a little and decided I HAD to have one. So I got one.

Other gun that I LOVE but will in most likely will never be able to have is an M3A1 "grease gun". Only couple thousand dollars, thats all :D

Crosshair
March 27, 2005, 01:40 AM
The M-1 Garand I have on layaway for $700

kikilee
March 27, 2005, 01:50 AM
In the last month,
1. "T" series BHP
2. Colt 1908 .380 98% nice
3. Colt LE6920 - thanks Wild
4. Ed Brown Kobra Carry
5. Springfield M1A

I slobbered on all of them. Most on my computer screen, but they are mine now. However, I am going to the Tulsa gun show next weekend so the list will likely grow fatter and my wallet grow thinner.

Wildalaska
March 27, 2005, 02:13 AM
Your welcome..

Me?

Pre 64 Model 70 300 H&H

Swedish M41 B sniper rifle

WildandthegrailmaybecomingsoonAlaska

Husker1911
March 27, 2005, 02:15 AM
Hadn't bought a gun in a couple years. I encountered a 6" S&W 28, Highway Patrolman, in excellent condition. A mint Smith revolver, a .357 on the big Smith N frame. Pinned barrel and recessed cylinder. Marvelous trigger. Big Smith revolvers: what can you say? A tribute to quality and superior American engineering. Remember the old gun adage, buy S&W revolvers and Colt autos. Good words to live by.

jefnvk
March 27, 2005, 03:05 AM
Shot an AR for the first time Friday. I am now planning the parts out for the build.

Husker1911
March 27, 2005, 03:15 AM
JEFNVK "Shot an AR for the first time Friday. I am now planning the parts out for the build.
__________________"
===============================================================
Welcome to the AR world. I hope you come to appreciate what a fine platform it is. I've shot many a prarie dog, at 300 yards with an AR, not to realize I could defend myself at 600 yards with an AR. An accurate, reliable rifle.

UnintendedConsequences
March 27, 2005, 03:28 AM
I keep an eye out for older military surplus guns that are decent, but perhaps not the best examples. I have a M-1 Garand that has a receiver manufacture date of March 1943 and while the finish is really worn, the internal parts are original and tight. I also love the SMLE design bolt actions as they are easier and cheaper to get than a 1903 Springfield or 1917 Enfield where I am. They are not in full military stock, rather sporterized in a better or worse extent.

I have my Garand for CMP highpower competition and deer hunting. The SMLEs I have for inexpensive beat-around guns that I won't cry over if they get lots of nicks and scratches while out hunting with them.

The ones I drool over and will eventually get are those in the following patterns: M1A, FN-FAL, H&K 7.62 Nato rifles/carbines, precision shooting bolt actions, and .50 BMG caliber bolt actions. I love .22 rimfires for enjoyment and they make good close quarters predator poppers.

I am not too keen on the fanciest guns, but rather ones that make good hunting and self-defense firearms under extreme conditions.

LoadedDrum
March 27, 2005, 09:10 AM
Every gun I have bought so far this year. Also, half of what I bought last year.

Last Year's impulse buys:
17C
MK512
VEPR K (second one any way)

This Year's impulse buys:
IZH-94
Baby Eagle Semi Compact
Baby Eagle Full Size
Norinco Paratrooper
Taurus 85
P14-45 LTD

rdbrowning
March 27, 2005, 09:20 AM
When the Ruger Super Redhawk first game out I fell in love with the biggest, most beautiful chunk of stainless steel I'd ever seen. Took a few months to get one, but it was never out of my mind the whole time. Love that gun, still do.

bean357
March 27, 2005, 09:20 AM
3" S&W revolvers

A 12 Ga Browning Citori Lightning Signature Painted. (Red/Black with gold logos)I had this before getting married-my "pretty, expensive, only O/U" and hubby told me it should have been BOWLING BALL! :(

boofus
March 27, 2005, 09:53 AM
We must have very weak willpower :uhoh:

My Gotta Have Its:

1. Colt Delta Elite stainless steel
2. FN 5.7 IOM

Third_Rail
March 27, 2005, 10:02 AM
I'm weak - when I saw an old, but new in box, Mossberg bolt-action shotgun from 1971, I wanted it... I think I may be going back to get it in a week or so, if it's still there. :D

TexasRifleman
March 27, 2005, 10:47 AM
My first SIG, P239. That was the first time I ever had the "Must have NOW"
thing happen.

gezzer
March 27, 2005, 01:02 PM
Ah, every one I have ever bought for myself.

Beetle Bailey
March 27, 2005, 03:00 PM
I walked into a milsurp speciality shop in the next county partly because a little bird (or should I say, skunk ;) ) told me they had a few Spanish FR-8's for sale. Since it was my first time in that shop, I took my time looking around. They had lots of Garands, Springfields, Eddystones, as well as foreign stuff. Then I saw it. Sitting on the rack next to a few tired old Turk Mausers was a very nice Aussie No. 1 MkIII* that had been FTR (factory refurbishment). After a brief examination and a quick look at the FR-8's (they were okay, but. . . ) I told the guy behind the counter "I'll take it!"

That money was supposed to go towards a workbench so I could start handloading my own ammo (or an FR-8 if it knocked my socks off) but I really couldn't walk away from that No. 1 MkIII*. I later learned that a few days earlier some collector brought in 11 Enfields to sell. After I got mine, there was only one left unaccounted for and that one quickly sold as well. Anyways, I'll be shooting the Enfield today :D .

Rinspeed
March 27, 2005, 05:55 PM
Sig 220
S&W Model 28
Les Baer TRS

Chris Rhines
March 27, 2005, 05:57 PM
My 18" JP-15.

- Chris

shep854
March 27, 2005, 06:00 PM
Huh. You gotta be kidding. :rolleyes: There ain't enough bandwidth to list them all (not to mention money to pay for them) :banghead:

seanmc42
March 27, 2005, 09:15 PM
Dan Wesson PT-CBOB in 10mm - YEAH, BABY!

Ky Larry
March 27, 2005, 09:39 PM
This one. Thanks to our dirtbag polititians, I can't have it. :banghead:

http://iwa.czub.cz/tapety/poster_4_1280.jpg

hrb02
March 27, 2005, 10:00 PM
My Les Baer Premier II. Once it hit my hand, I had to have it.

Now, how do I tell the wife I dropped $1500. :uhoh:

Web
March 27, 2005, 11:00 PM
Ruger KP345

It just seemed right.

John19:11
March 27, 2005, 11:02 PM
Ruger stainless Vaquero...Wanted this one since I had a "Fanner 50" when I was 5 yrs old.

W Turner
March 28, 2005, 01:59 PM
My Springfield Loaded Lightweight Bi-Tone. Yeah, that's a mouthfull, but from the first time I saw it sitting in the case I knew I had to have it. I sold two other guns to get it and it is worth every bit of what I paid for it.

W

Yowza
March 28, 2005, 05:02 PM
I had been toying with the idea of trying to find a Colt Delta or a S&W 10xx simply because I wanted a 10mm. I just happened to stop by a pawn shop I had never been in--just to look around, mind you--and they had a nice looking S&W 1076 in the case. I knew it wouldn't stay there long so I snapped it up even though it probably wasn't the best time for me to buy another gun. I guess that's what credit cards are for.

Rick

jamz
March 28, 2005, 05:15 PM
Shot an AR for the first time Friday. I am now planning the parts out for the build.

Friday I saw a used post ban AR for under $600. I just had to have it- Seen them for $800 or so, but the price always urned me off, though I knew I'd have one someday.

At that price, however, I put $200 down right away. :D Piking it up tomorrow if I can. :)

-James

cortez kid
March 28, 2005, 09:34 PM
Went to my local shop for ammo. Turn the corner and there it was . A 10" PC 500mag. I called him a bad word, almost rhymes with mustard. Put a deposit on it, had the remainder in 1 1/2 hours. Darn state system was down, had to wait till the next day. worth the wait.
good shootin
kid

mtnbkr
March 28, 2005, 09:48 PM
None.

I've never purchased a gun other than my first one without researching it prior to purchase. Guns cost to much to buy on a whim.

That bit me once though. I missed out on a beautiful Mannlicher Schoenauer that was priced at about half it's value.

Chris

pete f
March 29, 2005, 03:02 AM
good clean Model 99's

the last two match target woodsman colts.

last two Dakota's

any small frame Superposed that hasn't been bubba'd

1918 commercial BAR in box with bipod and six winchester factory mags.
traded a Harley even up for it.

ohhh ohhh was at the gun shop today, they had a really nice model 71....
Winchester, not Browning

zippo8
March 29, 2005, 10:50 AM
<drool on> A double rifle. <drool off>

xdoctor
March 29, 2005, 02:19 PM
On my birthday last year I wandered into a pawn show and saw a Dragunov Tiger with a $1500 price tag. I didn't even think, just bought and went home with it. Wasn't until I got home that I realized I made one hell of a bargain.

shep854
March 29, 2005, 02:49 PM
My last "gotta have it" gun was my Taurus 445. It's a good thing I gave in and bought it when I did; they are out of production, mine was the last one in the store, and they can't get any more.

If you enjoyed reading about ""I Gotta Have It" Guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!