Prayers needed.......

PDA

fjolnirsson
March 28, 2005, 05:54 AM
Mods, please allow this thread. It is slightly gun related, as my daughter is a future shooter.

Folks, I could really use any good wishes or prayers you are willing to send my way.
My daughter is 2 weeks from being a year old. She was admitted to the hospital early this evening. She has an infection which is causing a high fever. Wasn't feeling too well yesterday, and spiked a 103 degree temp around 8pm. By the time we drove 30 minutes to the ER, it was 105. It came down with cool cloths and some ibuprofen, but an hour ago it was back to 103. She's got chills, and the poor kid hurts from the infection. I'm sure she'll be fine, but every little bit helps.
Boy, it really makes me feel helpless, seeing my little girl hurt this way. I'd rather face a whole crew of bad guys with my bare hands than see her this way.
:(

If you enjoyed reading about "Prayers needed......." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NeveraVictimAgain
March 28, 2005, 06:14 AM
Certainly we will pray for your daughter.

God Bless,
Dave

cracked butt
March 28, 2005, 06:15 AM
Prayer sent.

4570Rick
March 28, 2005, 06:21 AM
Prayers sent for you and your whole family.

Missourigunner
March 28, 2005, 06:31 AM
My Prayers for your Daughter. May God watch over and make her well.

MaterDei
March 28, 2005, 07:16 AM
I've been through it myself and understand the helplessness you're feeling. I pray that God blesses your daughter with health soon and that he gives you and everyone who loves her the peace to know that she is in His hands.

Keep us posted...

280PLUS
March 28, 2005, 07:50 AM
Prayers sent!

Hope she gets better soon!

saddlebum
March 28, 2005, 07:55 AM
prayer sent.

q102josh
March 28, 2005, 08:06 AM
prayers sent... hope she feels better soon, i know how ya feel

dustind
March 28, 2005, 08:18 AM
I hope she gets better soon.

geekWithA.45
March 28, 2005, 08:29 AM
Prayers inbound, for tyke & parents.

Been there, done that, have unhappy memories of spending nights with daugher in lap, in between the cool bath dunks and doses of pediatric fever meds.

One of the things that surprised me about the current pediatric thinking is that absent complications, high fevers like that are no longer considered the super duper brain damage emergencies they used to think they were.

The poor tykes rumble right through all that muck, and bounce back as if nothing happened, and wonder where mom & dad got all that grey hair.

kikilee
March 28, 2005, 09:45 AM
On our prayer list. I agree, there is no more helpless feeling that having a sick child.

one-shot-one
March 28, 2005, 10:48 AM
prayers sent.

Larry Ashcraft
March 28, 2005, 11:16 AM
I know what it's like to be sick with worry over a sick child.

You got 'em, buddy.

Stickjockey
March 28, 2005, 11:23 AM
Been there, done that. Burned the T-shirt. Prayers outbound. Get well quick, kiddo!

Redneck Revolver
March 28, 2005, 11:37 AM
i know the feelin. you got my prayers.

30 cal slob
March 28, 2005, 11:41 AM
Done. Young children are resilient. I hope yours bounces back right quick!

rwc
March 28, 2005, 11:49 AM
She will be fine. My daughter is 13 weeks old today, but boy do I know how you feel!

Just reassure your wife that you are on top of it, you are getting her the best medical care in the world, and she's going to come out of it smiling.

Keep us posted.

MLH
March 28, 2005, 11:52 AM
Prayers sent!

keyhole
March 28, 2005, 11:55 AM
Prayers sent. Hope she gets better.

Phil Ca
March 28, 2005, 12:00 PM
We pray that the Lord enfolds this dear child in His arms and brings healing to her body. Been there with our three when they were young.

jamz
March 28, 2005, 12:00 PM
Prayers and good thoughts on the way.

Kids do this all the time. Over the winter we had both kids fever up to 105 or 106, and controlled with motrin and tylenol to 102-103 or so. Lasted for two or three days. Same thing with my little niece. Hang in there, this is what kids do sometimes- scare you ever so often to keep you on your toes. :)

-James

Elarski
March 28, 2005, 12:03 PM
More prayers sent for your little one.

Greg L
March 28, 2005, 12:18 PM
On the way.

Soon enough you'll wish that she was just a little sick, just enough to slow her down a bit as she'll be back to bouncing off the walls :D .

EghtySx
March 28, 2005, 12:34 PM
You and yours will be included in all my prayers.

Boy, it really makes me feel helpless, seeing my little girl hurt this way. I'd rather face a whole crew of bad guys with my bare hands than see her this way.

Makes my problems seem trivial at best. I sincerely hope for the best for you.

richyoung
March 28, 2005, 12:41 PM
Prayers sent....

Typhoon
March 28, 2005, 12:45 PM
Done. Get well, little one. We need all the girl shooters we can get!

Andrea

Crownvicman
March 28, 2005, 12:48 PM
God Bless you and your child. I will pray for you both.

Dr.Who
March 28, 2005, 01:48 PM
done.... Easter Healing....

HI express
March 28, 2005, 01:53 PM
The little ones are truly the innocent ones and my and my family's prayers are being said for the quick recovery of your daughter.

God Bless you and your family. Chances are that she will be well soon...this is why we as parents get gray hairs.

Builds our character, right? Also makes us appreciate them more.

Please hug her for us.

hrb02
March 28, 2005, 04:12 PM
We will pray for your daughter.

I have 3 and have BTDT. There is no feeing in the world like the helplessness that goes with a sick child.

"Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15) And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up." James 5:14-15

God Bless

tech
March 28, 2005, 05:29 PM
Prayers for your child and family incoming.

God Bless,
Mike

Bear Gulch
March 28, 2005, 05:33 PM
Done!

LynnMassGuy
March 28, 2005, 06:22 PM
Prayers sent. You must be worried sick. Take care of yourself. Everything will be fine.

Regards
John

mbs357
March 28, 2005, 06:24 PM
Sent, though I'm worried I mispronounced your name... o_O

eagle45
March 28, 2005, 07:57 PM
Been there, though many years ago. Our prayers are with you.

Penman
March 28, 2005, 08:26 PM
This special community joins hands and prayers for your daughter.

XLMiguel
March 28, 2005, 09:10 PM
You got it! Kids are pretty resilient, but having an extra angel or two flying air cover never hurts. Best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery

MikeIsaj
March 28, 2005, 09:13 PM
From my whole family our prayers are with your daughter.

My wife, the very good nurse that she is, tells me that this is not uncommon with children under three. She says their systems aren't mature and don't regulate as well. She also says Tylenol instead of motrin works better at reducing fever and she believes is less likely to come back up.

God be with you all.

P95Carry
March 28, 2005, 09:19 PM
Just to repeat what I said on Combat Carry - DONE!! Been thru that long ago. Do give feedback - which I hope will be real soon with just solid good news.

Rimmer
March 28, 2005, 10:19 PM
Prayers sent.

Zrex
March 28, 2005, 11:27 PM
As the father of little girl who just turned 1 on the 19th, i share your pain.

My prayers are with you.

RCL
March 28, 2005, 11:33 PM
Prayers sent.........

orangeninja
March 28, 2005, 11:36 PM
Will pray for you and your family. Hope your little one gets better.

Itote
March 29, 2005, 03:31 AM
Prayed for your daughter and whole family. All things are possible through Christ.
Psalms 42:1
As a deer pants for water,
so does my soul pant for thee oh God.

fjolnirsson
March 29, 2005, 02:43 PM
Well, I spent most of yesterday at the hospital with her and Mommy. (The wife is staying with her while I take care of the dogs, etc.)
She'd been feverish off and on through the night, and the doc said they might have to do minor surgery to drain the infection better. When the surgeon came by, she'd gotten a lot better, and he said they wouldn't need the surgery.
Poor kid, she kept yanking her IV out. They had it taped up pretty well, but that didn't stop her. The nurses kept remarking on how strong she is. Lol, look at the size of her dad. She comes from good scandinavian/Scottish stock.
So, today she's doing a lot better,(she's off the IV) and hopefully she comes home tomorrow. It's awful here without her. I can't seem to stay busy enough. I've been on the weight bench most of the night. ouch.

Here's a link to a picture of her, if you're interested.
I've been rather lax in putting up new pictures, so this is an old one, from when she was 5 months.

5 month pic (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/fjolnirsson/Shiloh5monthsalso.jpg)

P95Carry
March 29, 2005, 02:53 PM
Sounding better and better - good news. :)

Lovely pic - I can but imagine how pretty she is now. Interesting mix of scales there - ''Little Miss'' - and ''Mr Large'' Haha!! Great.

MaterDei
March 29, 2005, 03:35 PM
That is a great picture. I'm glad she is recovering. When one of my little ones was in the hospital I just couldn't bear all the needles. Needles don't bother me at all when I get a shot or IV but in those tiny arms? Sad, especially when they are incompetant and can't find the vein.

Ala Dan
March 29, 2005, 04:14 PM
My prayers are hereby extended, hope she gets to feel'in better real soon! :)

Best Wishes,

eagle45
March 29, 2005, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the update. Cute kid, I have grand daughters her age. Hate it when they're sick too.

Jubei
March 30, 2005, 12:08 AM
I'm glad that she's on the mend. Sending my prayers for the little one and her stressed-out parents.

Jubei

etex
March 30, 2005, 12:21 AM
I know how you feel. When my daughter was 4 months old she got an infection in her blood and was hospitalized for about three days. Antibiotics cleared it up and within a few days she was better. My prayers are with you!

Bob F.
March 30, 2005, 10:13 AM
Prayers sent.

hrb02
March 30, 2005, 12:36 PM
Cute pic. Glad she's doing better.

Andrew Rothman
March 30, 2005, 01:13 PM
When my daughter got sick, I was on the phone to the doctor's office while my wife held her. The nurse on the phone asked for her date of birth. My mind was a complete blank -- I had to ask my wife!

Of all the titles I've held in my life, "Daddy" is the one of which I'm most proud. Of all the jobs I've held, "Worried Daddy" is by far the worst.

She will come out fine. The trick is for you to try not to tear all of your hair out waiting for it! Best wishes.

Mr. James
March 30, 2005, 01:58 PM
Prayers inbound. Know what you feel - our son is notorious for his high fevers, including one memorable 106-degree romp that sent him into febrile seizures - and the ER. He was, and is fine. I'm sure your little one will be, too.

God bless.

Evil_Ed
March 30, 2005, 02:52 PM
Prayers sent and sympathy felt for your family. I went through this with my son last year, he was in the hospital for a week with pneumonia...scared the heck out of me and I spent almost the whole week in there with him sleeping on the fold out chair.

Stevie-Ray
March 30, 2005, 10:11 PM
Prayers sent for her continued recovery. I also do this frequently for my wife's illness. It's amazing what the power of prayer can do, and humbling as to how many are willing to intercede on your behalf.

Kiss that little tyke for us all.

firesafety3
March 31, 2005, 12:33 PM
We're still thinking about your family and the prayers have been offered.

Be sure to share this story with her when she's 16 or so. When she starts going out with friends and is 10 minutes late, you'll get this same feeling.

bigjoegood1
March 31, 2005, 10:05 PM
Prayers were sent!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Prayers needed......." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!