Help with CZ-527 trigger

PDA

Legionnaire
March 29, 2005, 12:13 AM
Went to the range Saturday to wring out the 527 (.223). I put about 50 rounds through it and was satisfied with the accuracy ... I think. Shooting with the set trigger cocked was fine. But if shooting without setting it, the trigger (in a word) sucks. It is creepy and gritty. Anybody else had this experience with a CZ? Any tips? Or am I going to have to send it to the factory, or find a gunsmith?

If you enjoyed reading about "Help with CZ-527 trigger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LouB
March 29, 2005, 06:40 AM
HI,

Take out your CZ 527 manual and look at the trigger section. (If you've misplaced the manual go to CZ USA and download it).

The following directions will get you a great trigger:

Figure 5 in the manual: (A) Trigger pull (weight?)
Figure 5 (B) Trigger travel before (take up of slack before trigger weight engages?)
Figure 5 (C) Trigger travel after (how far trigger travels after the hammer falls)
Figure 6 Set trigger screw.

You want to adjust screw B. It will remove the take up from the trigger and along with it the grating and grittiness. What you'll have is a great single stage trigger. Go gradually and test the trigger quality as you go.

Lou

Legionnaire
March 29, 2005, 07:44 AM
Thanks, Lou! I know just where the manual is; I'll dig it out and work on it this weekend ... and will report back.

Legionnaire
March 29, 2005, 11:17 PM
Actually, couldn't wait until the weekend. Had the gun on my bench this evening, and your instructions worked like a charm. No creep, and clean break. Looking forward to getting it back to the range on Saturday.

Thanks again!

LouB
March 30, 2005, 06:38 AM
Glad it work well. Enjoy and be safe.

Lou

Legionnaire
April 3, 2005, 05:39 PM
At the range yesterday, Lou. Sweet. Thanks again.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help with CZ-527 trigger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!