Custom CZ 40P

12 Volt Man
March 29, 2005, 01:28 AM
A couple of months ago I got the wild idea to customize a CZ 40P. My CZ 40P was very accurate out of the box. I shot some fantastic groups with it the first time out.

When I first got the gun I put in one of my custom guide rods and bushings, added a 20 pound Wolff spring. I still wanted more so.............

I decided to go with some XS night sights. The regular dot. I ordered those, and then after having seen some Custom Novak stippling work, I decided to try and replicate it. So one night BIL and I spent two hours beating on the top of the slide with a hammer and a file. I know that sounds crazy, but according to some sources, that is how Novak does thier stippling. It turned out OK. I did learn that if I ever do it again, I will need to go much deeper in to the metal to get the effect I was looking for.

Next step was to send the gun to Accurate Plating and Weaponry for an action/trigger job and hard chrome. The trigger came out great. The double action is light and smooth, and the single action is the best I have felt in a DA/SA CZ pistol. I am very happy with the trigger work. The hard chrome is nice. There are a few small spots that I would have liked them to pay closer attention to detail on.

I can't wait to get out and shoot it. I hope that with these XS sights I can still get it to group like it did before.

If you enjoyed reading about "Custom CZ 40P" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!
March 29, 2005, 08:42 AM
Looks great. How much does hard chorming cost?

March 29, 2005, 09:06 AM
Beautiful! All the work cost as much as the pistol! J&G still is selling them for $299.99 - last time I talked to one of them, they had 500 coming in.... :cool:

March 29, 2005, 10:01 AM
:D i like! tell me more about the stipling process. i have been thinking about trying that myself.
really really nice!

12 Volt Man
March 30, 2005, 12:55 AM
The hard chrome when you include the charges for stripping the poly coat off the gun was a little over $200.00 :what:

The stippling process involved a hammer, a half round file, and a vice. We worked on it for at least two hours, making sure that the marks we were creating were uniform. Like I said in the post above. If I ever do it again that way, I will make sure that marks are much deeper in the metal. This didn't turn out to be a stippling that added any grip or anything. More of a design or just something unique.

March 30, 2005, 01:17 AM
Excellent! Can I use the pics for my CZ ZONE? I'm sure people would love to see
a custom 40P.

March 30, 2005, 09:54 AM
Great idea sir - love that side view! Since it's a limited production gun, you truely have a one of a kind!

12 Volt Man
March 30, 2005, 11:30 AM
Go ahead and use it Kev.

March 30, 2005, 11:34 AM
Damn, and I had the chance to see it before 12 Volt did. AARRGGHH! Turned out great !!!!!!!!!! They do great work and are reasonable. Congrats on a very very nice 40P..........
Shoot well.............

If you enjoyed reading about "Custom CZ 40P" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!