Having school MY way

PDA

critter
March 29, 2005, 09:23 PM
Went to a friend's home today. He and I hunt in the same camp and his wife and kids (son and 2 daughters) often hunt too. They home school their kids.

I took some 'lesson plans', my style. We discussed the merits of the 98 Mauser and then shot my Yugo refurb k98 wartime Mauser-got in a little history of WWII.

Then we progressed to the US stuff with background, adoption frames, etc along with more history. Shot 1903A3 (Greek Lend lease 1942 made gun)-getting in a little WWI and WWII history, my DCM M1 Garand mixmaster from 1954 (and got in a little Korean war history), my M1A (all military parts) and my AR 15 (got in a little Viet Nam war history). Also touched on the use of the latter 2 in the sandpile.

A great time was had by all and I think the kids upped their interest in firearms AND in history.

We gotta pass it on you know!

If you enjoyed reading about "Having school MY way" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Having school MY way" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!