Devolution

PDA

patentmike
March 29, 2005, 11:55 PM
The first rifle I ever fired was an AR-15A1 in boot camp.
Later I bought a lever action, a M1917 Enfield, built a flintlock. Now I find myself with a bow - and finally noticed the trend. What's next, a spear?

If you enjoyed reading about "Devolution" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
lee n. field
March 29, 2005, 11:57 PM
A spear with atlatl, one without, a stone knife, a stone chopper, a rock. That's about as far as you can go.

EghtySx
March 29, 2005, 11:58 PM
How about a club. You know, caveman style. I hear you can get a wife that way too :evil:

DSRUPTV
March 30, 2005, 12:47 AM
I hear that there's guys out there who hunt hogs and ferrel pigs with dogs and a knife. That's pretty devolved if you ask me. I'd also love to see it in action and maybe take a try at it.

Dionysusigma
March 30, 2005, 12:57 AM
AR-15A1 => lever action => M1917 Enfield => flintlock => bow => spear => rock => bare hands...

Then you'll have to hunt by trying to absorb your prey through osmosis. :D :uhoh: :scrutiny: :D

CleverName
March 30, 2005, 04:28 AM
Wouldn't he end up trying to scratch/claw/bite something to death somewhere before the osmosis though?

Dr.Rob
March 30, 2005, 04:35 AM
Pointed stick?

Strawberry?

I've heard spear/knife hunting is pretty darn exciting... take a look in the hunting forums for stories.

CleverName
March 30, 2005, 04:57 AM
On some level I'd be greatly amused by somebody attempting to bite a deer to death. On another level I'd be horrified if he succeeded. Or if he failed spectacularly in certain... disentrailing ways.

mfree
March 30, 2005, 07:18 AM
You could always catch fish by "wiggling" or whatever it's called... getting fish to bite your fingers and grabbing their jaw.

Dave P
March 30, 2005, 08:49 AM
I thought you were gonna talk about DEVO:

http://www.freedomofchoice.com/devo/images/The%20Essentials-DEVO.jpg

WHIP IT GOOD!

Kaylee
March 30, 2005, 08:51 AM
I've kinda been going the same way. AR to win 94 to Sharps to bow to...

I'm down to an elfy sword now. I figure another few years and I'll be CCWing a rock. :p

patentmike
March 31, 2005, 06:16 PM
I forgot about bare hands. I guess I have a ways to go yet.

If you enjoyed reading about "Devolution" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!