I want to be fair with dealer.

PDA

Guy B. Meredith
March 31, 2005, 12:04 AM
This ought to be interesting; I haven't seen a posting like this before. Hopefully Tamara, WildAlaska and some others will chime in.

I bought a Ruger MK512 from a local gun shop a few years ago. Recently discovered it had manufacturing defect. Ruger is shipping a replacement with new serial number. The shop is willing to take it into stock so I don't have to register and give me credit against another item. That item will be either a Mossberg or Remington HD model.

I want to make sure I am fair to the dealer for his consideration. Other dealers in the area won't do the same deal.

From the dealer's perspective, what would be a fair trade assuming Ruger ships back 1) a MKII exact replacement for my blued MK512, 2) a MKII in stainless, 3) a MKIII equivalent? I will be looking at Remington 870 18" 7 shot, Mossberg 500 in either 18.5" and 6 shot or 20 inch and 8 shot or Mossberg 590 20" 9 shot.

If you enjoyed reading about "I want to be fair with dealer." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "I want to be fair with dealer." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!