Minnesota Mountain Lions!

PDA

Andrew Rothman
March 31, 2005, 11:57 PM
The local paper says that a cougar (or maybe more than one?) has been spotted in the area. A cougar is another name for "Mountain Lion" -- you know, the harmless, scared-of-people creatures that maimed, killed and ate bicyclists in Orange County, CA?

I live in one of the municipalities mentioned. Across from a park surrounded by woods and a lake.

Niiiiiice kitty... :uhoh:

http://www.startribune.com/stories/106/5315012.html
Cougar on the prowl in western suburbs
March 30, 2005 WINSIDER0330
?
?

A cougar has apparently moved into the western suburbs.

The animal has been spotted in Eden Prairie, Minnetonka, Chanhassen and Shorewood.

The protected species should not be dangerous. Cougars are usually afraid of people, and the Department of Natural Resources won't remove it unless there is some evidence of threatening behavior.

If you think you see a cougar, call police. Authorities are trying to keep track of the animal.

If you enjoyed reading about "Minnesota Mountain Lions!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Can'thavenuthingood
April 1, 2005, 12:10 AM
I think it's a very good time for you Minnesota types to get out of the house and shop for a nicely wooded Marlin or Winchester in a .357 or .44, okay get a 30-30 too just in case.
Get the new coyote brown gear for stalking and you ought to be ready.
Don't forget the schnapps.

Some mountain lion attack stuff here. Be prepared.
http://tchester.org/sgm/lists/lion_attacks.html

They eat pets too.

Vick

PATH
April 1, 2005, 01:10 AM
Someone break out the 1001 Cat Recipes Cook Book! ;) :D

Andrew Rothman
April 1, 2005, 01:29 AM
Yeah. My 12-year-old DSH (I've lived with her longer than I have my wife) is only about 8 pounds, so there's not much meat on her.

Best just use her for bait. Or is there honor (or professional courtesy?) among felines?

Gordy Wesen
April 1, 2005, 01:29 AM
The last report I heard from NW WA was a cat that measured 15 feet from tip to tip.
Get used to it. Shoot first and take the hindquarters home.

yorec
April 1, 2005, 03:08 AM
Er 15 feet? Not even in the relm of reality... :uhoh:

Hope this kitty lives long and breeds - minnesota houndsmen need something more than coons and bobcats to chase. :D

cobb
April 1, 2005, 08:18 AM
Reports in the rural areas, including Southern Minnesota are becoming somewhat regular.

goalie
April 1, 2005, 09:19 AM
Hopefully it will eat the deer that keep raiding the birdfeeder out back.

ACP230
April 1, 2005, 11:39 AM
Back when I still listened to NPR (also known as Radio Publica National-The Sandinista Network) there was a report on a guy in Colorado or Montana. He heard some racket around his house one night and went out, just in time to see a cougar carrying off his house cat.

He took a shot at it with his handgun but only hit the woodpile.

No professional courtesy amoung felines.

My son says, "Cougars think kitties taste like chicken!"

(He's wise for a 12 year old, or maybe just a wise guy.)

mete
April 1, 2005, 11:48 AM
"should not be dangerous" ???? I guess they've never heard of the cases of the cats attacking people !

outofbattery
April 1, 2005, 11:55 AM
Call me a pansy liberal if you will , but why rush out to go shoot something if it isn't immediately a danger to you ? I don't get shooting of snakes on sight either , unless some of you just like deer and rodents a lot more than I do :scrutiny:

Gordy Wesen
April 1, 2005, 12:41 PM
15 feet.
No bull.

burrhead
April 1, 2005, 12:44 PM
Shoot, shovel and shut up.

powerstrk
April 1, 2005, 12:51 PM
I lived in Chanhassen for years, before I moved to Orlando last year, This story has been in and out of the paper for quite sometime. The last I heard a year or so ago It was spotted in Lakeville several times. You could probably search the Red Star Tribune and find a story.

erik the bold
April 1, 2005, 01:01 PM
goalie wrote:
Hopefully it will eat the deer that keep raiding the birdfeeder out back.

OT, but, how come you're not eating them ?? :neener:

jdege
April 1, 2005, 01:14 PM
They eat pets too.

So get an Airedale.

halvey
April 1, 2005, 01:20 PM
Call me a pansy liberal if you will , but why rush out to go shoot something if it isn't immediately a danger to you ? Because they will be. See: http://tchester.org/sgm/lists/lion_attacks.html

Bear Gulch
April 1, 2005, 02:02 PM
The Kitty population is on the rise here as well. However Fish and Game have them classed for a hunting season. Whatever you do, DO NOT RUN from a cat! Running triggers the gee I am going to pounce on this moving taget lobe of the cat brain. Often bikers and joggers get whacked because they are perceived as fleeing game.

Standing Wolf
April 1, 2005, 05:53 PM
The protected species should not be dangerous.

Not to presstitutes, anyway, unless they happen to live in the area.

ChiefPilot
April 1, 2005, 09:42 PM
The situation between here (MN) and California can't really be compared, since the population of the large cats out west is under a lot more pressure than the MN population is. MN is overrun with deer, providing plenty of food for the cats, so it's not like they are stalking joggers. Sure, it's a wild animal and *might* attack, but I'd rather be in the woods with it than in Minneapolis with who-knows-what.

Nothing to see here, move on....

steveno
April 1, 2005, 09:52 PM
I agree with Burrhead

RavenVT100
April 1, 2005, 10:03 PM
Does anyone have linkage to where the Cougar ate the bikers? I wanna read about that.

EDIT: N/M.

I like big cats. But not in a "they're cute" kind of way.

ReadyontheRight
April 1, 2005, 10:05 PM
Ah...Eden Prairie, Minnesota. Birthplace of "The Mystery". (http://www.garagelogic.com/lexicon.htm)

I do like shining the bear-sized racoons in my urban backyard with a Surefire light. I think I would take slightly more drastic precautions in the 'burbs or near the rivers.

We're talking VERY populated areas here folks - where mountain lions do not belong, where "The Mystery"...or political correctness has emasculated the polulation into a complete avoidance of the issue.

One of these cats is going to kill a kid and we'll spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to do the job a penny's-worth of .22 bullet used to do.

BJPARKER
April 1, 2005, 10:59 PM
If its in your yard, its fair game. Think 444Marlin.

ChiefPilot
April 1, 2005, 11:26 PM
If its in your yard, its fair game. Think 444Marlin.

Ummm, no. Unless it's about to attack someone, you'd better think DNR, game laws, and jail time.

Stand_Watie
April 1, 2005, 11:35 PM
If its in your yard, its fair game. Think 444Marlin

Yup. Exactly. Just remember, "he was stalking me, he was watching me and creeping toward me" as explained by the youngsters in California (Kommiefornia?) who recently killed a cougar while turkey hunting and got a clearance from the local DNR. If it will fly in California it will fly in Minnesota.

goalie
April 1, 2005, 11:44 PM
OT, but, how come you're not eating them ?? :neener:

Because Minnetonka PD won't let me. They thought about letting me use a bow on them, but there is a bike/jogging path right behind where I live.

Tom Bri
April 2, 2005, 12:28 AM
I am from northern Illinois originally, and every time I go home to visit the folks I hear stories like this from my neighbors, big cats, bears, whatever wandering the little patches of woods. Makes me wonder. Of course, no open carry or concealed carry in Illinois! Maybe I should carry a spear when I go fishing in my dad's back woodlot?

Hey, Lee N. Field, and recent sightings?

craig101
April 5, 2005, 11:44 PM
i tell you what, i've been within 1 foot of a live mountain lion, with nothing between us. he was on a chain at the MN deer hunters show. the DNR had a Timber Wolf and a Mountain lion in the hallway, where you could walk up and look at them. i even touched the wolf as it walked by. he was starting to get antsy so they switched him for another wolf. they are both BIG MO-FOs! i sure as hell wouldn't use a .22 on either.

i don't think i was able to pet the lion, he was always looking at me. the look gave me the whillies. i damn near stepped on his tail. to this day, i think "a couple more inches" and my ass would have been beat to hell by that cat. that tail was looooong! beautiful animal though.

rangemasta
April 7, 2005, 09:37 PM
I live about 60 miles west of Minneapolis the story was just a big lie about a large bobcat. Regards-rangemasta

Bear Gulch
April 7, 2005, 09:58 PM
15 foot from tip of nose to tip of tail is like a date with a playboy playmate, something that only happens in your dreams. That would be about 8 feet longer than some heathly B&C Puddies.

Can'thavenuthingood
April 7, 2005, 09:59 PM
Still a good idea to go shopping for a .357 or .44 lever and be prepared. Might even want to get a good sidearm to match just in case. And one of them good Tarzan type knives if ya have to rassle with the critter.

Vick

Daemon688
April 7, 2005, 10:02 PM
Cougar? Eh that's not so bad. A few years ago my town sent out a warning that a pet tiger was on the loose :eek: . I hear there are more wolves moving into southern minnesota.

Right now there should be plenty prey for a few cougars. Heck, shorewood isn't far from where I live. What is the normal size for cougar territory?

Bear Gulch
April 7, 2005, 10:36 PM
Huge. They are normally solitary unless breeding or with young.

Several years back Lava Hot Spring, Idaho had a bunch of lions, tigers and Ligers get loose. Most were captured, some were killed.

mnrivrat
April 7, 2005, 11:27 PM
like a date with a playboy playmate, something that only happens in your dreams.

Good Night All ! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Cougar visited our grove in south central MN when I was a young lad. (long time ago) Once in awhile a stray something or other finds its way where it normaly isn't seen. A few years back I glanced into the field to see a large bull moose grazing - this is southern MN about 100 miles north of the Iowa border - not moose country. Cougar's show up very seldom in central to southern MN, but they do.

Andrew Rothman
April 8, 2005, 12:12 AM
I live about 60 miles west of Minneapolis the story was just a big lie about a large bobcat. Regards-rangemasta

How do you come into this exclusive knowledge?

dleong
April 8, 2005, 08:50 AM
This is one seriously confused and wayward mountain lion. Doesn't it know there are no mountains in Minnesota?

DL

jdege
April 8, 2005, 09:29 AM
We used to have mountains in Minnesota. But they were made out of iron ore, so we knocked them down and shipped them to Detroit.

Now all we have are huge holes in the ground and monstrous piles of rusting cars.

Bear Gulch
April 8, 2005, 10:16 AM
It is probably a adolescent male. Momma chases them off before they reach breeding age as a means of not interbreeding. He has to find his own territory where the big male kitties won't kick his trash.

Andrew Rothman
April 8, 2005, 12:38 PM
http://www.bear-tracker.com/cougar.html
http://www.beartrackersden.com/beartracker/mountainlionbykc.gif
Mountain lions are also called cougars, panthers, catamounts, or pumas. These big cats have many common names. They are the largest wild cats in North America.

These solitary animals avoid people if they can. Their primary prey is deer, but they do eat porcupines, raccoons, birds, small mammals, foxes, mice, and grass.
The lion is a magnificent animal which was hunted to near extinction and is now making a comeback. There have even been reported mountain lion sightings in the eastern U.S., where they were once thought extinct.

A single male lion may require up to 175 square miles of territory for its home range. They prefer wild areas frequented by deer. One lion will consume about one deer per week. A lion will cover the remains of its prey and return to the kill to feed until the meat begins to turn. If you find a lion kill, don't hang around the area. The animal may still be nearby. An adult can weigh up to 200 pounds.

Young mountain lions have spots and a ringed tail, and thus are sometimes mistaken for bobcats. (The bobcat has a short tail, while the lion has a long tail.) A litter of one to six young are born between late winter and mid-summer. The cubs stay with their mother for one or two years.
Lion tracks show four toes on the front foot and four toes on the hind foot. The retractable claws do not show in the prints. Lion tracks can be over four inches long.

They are good climbers and can leap more than 20 feet up into a tree from a standstill. They can jump to the ground from as high as 60 feet up a tree. A single male lion may travel 25 miles a night when hunting. Lions may be active by day in areas far from humans. They are most active at dawn and dusk, the times when deer are out feeding.

rangemasta
April 8, 2005, 01:31 PM
I got this "exclusive information" on KSTP news Chaneel 5

svtruth
April 8, 2005, 01:41 PM
Zane Grey (?sp) has a short story about roping them in the Grand Canyon.

Andrew Rothman
April 8, 2005, 02:14 PM
I live about 60 miles west of Minneapolis the story was just a big lie about a large bobcat. Regards-rangemastaI got this "exclusive information" on KSTP news Chaneel 5

So who was lying? Who determined that it was a large bobcat? Did they find some tracks? Did someone photograph or shoot it?

Your one-line posts are maddeningly uninformative. Please tell us what you know, or don't bother with your enigmatic quips.

rangemasta
April 8, 2005, 02:54 PM
Some toddler told his mother he saw a really big puddy tat and she got all freaked out, told minnetonka police it was a mountain lion and thus the search. The DNR determined after some time there was no mountain lion and just a large bobcat they captured in Eagan days ago.

tl
April 8, 2005, 03:30 PM
I'm not familiar with the Minnesota cougar report, but they are in Iowa, confirmed by the DNR and law enforcement; and if I recall the news accounts correctly, are believed to be coming in in response to increased deer population and the need for large territories. The first of the more recent accounts was a dead animal alongside a road in western Iowa, a young male I think, probably hit by a vehicle (but I don't recall ever hearing that someone came forward stating it was their car that hit it).

More recently, a remote DNR camera recorded a cougar in a park area in east-central Iowa, following a report by a couple on a hiking trail. There have been other reports, some confirmed, some not. But two confirmed across most of the width of Iowa means they are probably others here; and likely in Minnesota as well. Bobcat sightings seems to be increasing in the state also. Because of increased population of the predators nation-wide, more food sources, and more conservation areas, one state official stated that it was never a matter of if the large predators would come back to Iowa, but when.

ScorpioVI
April 8, 2005, 04:16 PM
I love how some of us big, bad, gun-owners freak out at the mere mention of a "mountain lion".

And some folks first instinct is to go out there and kill it? On the justification that it's dangerous to people?

From 1986 through 1995, nine verified attacks occurred, an average rate of almost one per year.

OH NO! IT'S THE INVASION OF THE MOUNTAIN LIONS! CIRCLE THE WAGONS, PROTECT THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN!

You people are a joke! :uhoh: And you wonder why people are so quick to legislate away our RKBA. :banghead:

I've done a lot of hiking, backpacking, mountain biking in California, and have had over half-a-dozen mountain lion sightings over the years and not once have I ever felt fear from an encounter (including one where a lion was no more than 50 yards away).

cobb
April 8, 2005, 04:33 PM
ScorpioVI,

I never go into the woods without a firearm of some type, not because of mountains lions, but because of fear of rabid animals, be it 2 or 4 legged.

Who said we were freaking out and had to kill the lion, I missed that. A mountain lion has been confirmed to be within 8 miles of where I live. There have been unconfirmed sightings basically in my back yard and tracks that appear to have come from a large cat. I'm not freaking out, I would love to see it though.

I read about tree huggers like you all the time in the obituaries, no respect for a dangerous animals, be it a buffalo, a moose, or a mountain lion.

ScorpioVI
April 8, 2005, 04:50 PM
Who said we were freaking out and had to kill the lion, I missed that.

When was the last time you got your eyes checked there, Eagle-Eye? Might wanna do that sharpish, don't want you taking a shot at something you didn't see all that well.

Here, let me help you out.

Can'thavenuthingood: I think it's a very good time for you Minnesota types to get out of the house and shop for a nicely wooded Marlin or Winchester in a .357 or .44, okay get a 30-30 too just in case.
PATH: Someone break out the 1001 Cat Recipes Cook Book!
Gordy Wesen: Shoot first and take the hindquarters home.
mete: "should not be dangerous" ???? I guess they've never heard of the cases of the cats attacking people !
burrhead: Shoot, shovel and shut up.
halvey: Because they will be. See: http://tchester.org/sgm/lists/lion_attacks.html
ReadyOnTheRight: One of these cats is going to kill a kid and we'll spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to do the job a penny's-worth of .22 bullet used to do.
BJPARKER: If its in your yard, its fair game. Think 444Marlin.
Stand Waite: Yup. Exactly. Just remember, "he was stalking me, he was watching me and creeping toward me" as explained by the youngsters in California (Kommiefornia?) who recently killed a cougar while turkey hunting and got a clearance from the local DNR.

I read about tree huggers like you all the time in the obituaries, no respect for a dangerous animals, be it a buffalo, a moose, or a mountain lion.

This being the "High Road" and all, I won't call you a retard for that really stupid comment. I've got plenty of respect for dangerous animals, which is why I don't advocate shooting them on sight. I think you're confused about what "respect" means. Here, let me help you out on that department.

http://www.webster.com

Main Entry: 1re┬Ěspect
Pronunciation: ri-'spekt
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin respectus, literally, act of looking back, from respicere to look back, regard, from re- + specere to look -- more at SPY

3 a : high or special regard : ESTEEM b : the quality or state of being esteemed c plural : expressions of respect or deference

Notice the lack of reference to "shooting without regard" as an acceptable form of paying respects.

cobb
April 8, 2005, 04:52 PM
Ah, now I see, thanks.

I'll keep checking the obit's

ScorpioVI
April 8, 2005, 04:56 PM
I'll keep checking the obit's

Yea you do that. :neener:

I'll keep my eye out for yours too. With people like Jeff Weise and Chai Vang floating around in your neck of the woods (who between them has killed 15 folks in the last 4 months), I think you have a lot more to fear from the two-legged kind of animal than I do from my encounters with the four-legged kind.

fb
April 8, 2005, 05:00 PM
Here in west central michigan we are hearing storys of sighting cougars. The DNR confims some of them.
And they are also confirming wolf sightings and people are already shooting them. And I guess if the damm thing threatens you, you had better take care of your self.
However I can think of nothing I would rather hear than wolfs calling on a winters night.
We have salmon in our rivers now, too many deer and bobcat. All those critters I never thought I would see or hear in this state, why not a bit more of what Michigan was like in the 1800s?
I think those critters will have a hard enough time of it, and not need me punching holes in them.

ScorpioVI
April 8, 2005, 05:10 PM
And I guess if the damm thing threatens you, you had better take care of your self.

Exactly! If the damn thing is fixin' to pounce on you, your pets, and your kids, then by all means, kill it. But this idea of a bunch of us taking up arms against a cat that "may" be in our neck of the woods because it "may" attack and kill one of us (an average of once a year) is just ridiculous!

Think about it. It's the same kind of mentality the gun-banners have. It's illogical. You're better than that! WE'RE better than that.

We'd have a much better time hanging on to our rights if some of us could quit propagating this image of being a redneck, "shoot anything that moves!" kind of gun-owners.

Byron Quick
April 8, 2005, 05:27 PM
ScorpioVI,
When I go into the woods I'm armed with a handgun that will handle a cougar. When I'm not in the woods I'm armed with a handgun that will handle a man. Same gun. Carried for the same reason.

Wonder what the number of attacks were from 1995 to 2005? I do believe that Art Eatman has mentioned two in Big Bend National Park in Texas in just the past 3 years or so.

There's been reports of sightings here in Georgia for decades. Except for one that was part of the release in the Everglades that wandered all the way up into central Georgia, I'm not aware of any that are confirmed.

In west Texas they are overpopulated for the habitat if anything. I'd hunt them there. I wouldn't shoot one here even if it was eating my pet. I'd rather see the species get re-established.

That being said...it's a mistake not to hunt large predators where they have a sustainable population that is in close contact with humans. When I was a kid, that deal about mountain lions avoiding people was true. There hadn't been a verified attack on a human in almost a century. Even where the cats were common. Why? Because they were scared of people. Why? Because they were close kin with a rug and had little interest in becoming another.

I'll sacrifice a pet to a cat until they have a sustainable population hereabouts. I won't sacrifice someone's child. And I'll stay prepared to prevent it. Just as I stayed prepared to defend myself and others against human predators. No difference in practice, my friend, just a difference in species.

If I walk into the woods; I'll take no special precautions as I'm armed well enough when I walk out of the house.

Folks, if you decide to shoot one where they are protected...please be sure of your facts as to what you're defending. About twenty years ago, a yearling bear wandered into a neighborhood about a mile from here. It was a fearsome terror to the garbage cans. A resident decided to defend the neighborhood's garbage cans. Shot the bear nineteen times IIRC with a semi-automatic .22 rifle. Thousands of dollars in legal fees and fines later, he did barely manage to avoid prison. But I think he was convicted of a felony.

fb
April 8, 2005, 05:43 PM
I have a neighbor who is a tree hugger, especially if it has any knot holes in it!

pete f
April 8, 2005, 06:53 PM
father in law had a farm down near lonsdale between new prague and northfield. We routinely saw a cougar there for about a year while out riding the horses, DNR kept saying highly doubtful till a local shot it while carrying a piglet out of the barn. Hard to deny it when it is hanging from a front bucket of a tractor. We also have seen wolves in DT minneapolis by DeLaSalle High School on the river bank as well as by the large rec area underneath the airport on the river bottom. Wolves were reported on the ice on white bear lake in January

Minnesota has allowed such a decrease in wild space by allowing so many cabins to be built in places where people rarely went, that many of the formerly wary species are no longer concerned with human contact.

jdege
April 8, 2005, 09:22 PM
The big problem is leashes.

We used to have pre-teen boys crawling through every patch of scrub within miles of any town with their guns and their dogs.

We've leashed the dogs and we've leashed the boys, and the result is that those patches of scrub are now safe habitat for wildlife.

Byron Quick
April 9, 2005, 03:33 AM
Link to mountain lion attacks and deaths with sources cited linked here:

http://users.frii.com/mytymyk/lions/attackso.html

No information for 2004 and 2005.

Except for the darn tough guy that killed one with his pocket knife...want to make me bets on how many of the other victims, their relatives, or their other companions wish they had been armed?

And I'm willing to bet $100 that Ol' Hickory Knot will tell us to our faces that he sure wishes that he had had a heavy caliber handgun on him that day.

Personally, that's one fellow I don't want to get crosswise with.

Andrew Rothman
April 27, 2005, 10:32 AM
I suppose these police officers are lying about a big putty tat too?
http://www.startribune.com/stories/468/5370810.html
NORTH MANKATO, Minn. (AP) - Julie Jacobs usually doesn't mind that a cougar hangs out near her home. But when a confrontation between the animal and a wild turkey got noisy, she decided to call police.

Three police officers and a deputy were dispatched to Jacobs' neighborhood Sunday night. The animals were on the hillside, screeching.

According to a news release, an officer was able to shine his flashlight on the cougar.

"When they approached the cougar, it ran away," Police Chief Mike Pulis said. "So it was clear he was after small game" and not a threat to humans.

Jacobs is glad the officers didn't have to shoot the cougar.

"I would rather not see it killed because there's plenty of food here for it," she said. "They're going to come around no matter what. We can't shoot all of them."

walking arsenal
April 27, 2005, 10:41 AM
BAH, mountain kitties, puma, cougar, gully cat, whatever. These things have been livign up north here forever as far as i know. Heck i KNOW there is one on my grandfathers farm, i heard the dang thing screech one deer season, needles to say i went home early that morning.

I hope it eats some yuppies, mmmmmmmm, yuppies, they are far more dangerous than mountain kitties. Maybe the mountain kitty will keep the yuppies out of "greater" minnesota and in Minneapolis (aka snake pit) were they belong. :neener:

Nickotym
April 27, 2005, 11:17 AM
Our Game & Fish dept reported that there were several mtn lions in ND last summer and fall. One had a radio collar and had been released in the Black Hills of SD. http://www.state.nd.us/gnf/news/2004/0412.html (scroll down - two stories)

They are here in limited numbers, but those numbers will probably increase as there are not any higher predators to go after them unless hunting is allowed. Someone in NW ND shot one with a bow while bowhunting for deer last fall too. http://www.state.nd.us/gnf/news/2004/0409.html (scroll down near bottom)

Daniel T
April 27, 2005, 01:24 PM
I suppose these police officers are liying about a big putty tat too?

Why would you expect random police officers to know the breed of a big cat that they saw for a few seconds at night?

The cop that blasted the housecat with an AR in...Kali?...was pretty sure it was a cougar too.

...the result is that those patches of scrub are now safe habitat for wildlife.

Not sure why that's a bad thing. It's not like there are many patches of scrub left in plenty of states.

Andrew Rothman
April 28, 2005, 04:07 PM
Why would you expect random police officers to know the breed of a big cat that they saw for a few seconds at night?

I would expect that they would say "a large feline of some type," had they not established that it was a specific breed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Minnesota Mountain Lions!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!