How to decock a makarov...?

PDA

fish2xs
April 3, 2005, 01:28 PM
I'm trying my hand at amateur writing and need to know how my character would decock his makarov after firing.

thanks!
-f

If you enjoyed reading about "How to decock a makarov...?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Snake Eyes
April 3, 2005, 01:40 PM
Uh....use the decocker?

:neener:

fish2xs
April 3, 2005, 01:50 PM
i know i'm an idiot about Mak's, but I've never seen one and the sites i have seen have been ambiguous (to me anyway) about a decocker vs. thumbing the hammer down.

do old models (1950-60) have decockers?

thanks!

Snake Eyes
April 3, 2005, 02:01 PM
Sorry to be a smart alec--here's an explanation:

ALL Maks have a safety/decocker mounted on the slide. The lever is down to fire, up to safe/decock.

If your character wants to decock his Mak, he just needs to push up the safety lever. Note that this is typically NOT a "flick"--all the Maks I've ever had require a fair amount of effort to move the lever. Sort of the opposite of a precision 1911 thumb safety.

Hope that helps!

fish2xs
April 3, 2005, 04:18 PM
thanks!

ps. no offense taken, i expected it was a '101' question

MrTuffPaws
April 3, 2005, 04:35 PM
Just to let you know, when the decocker is moved up, the hammer slams home.

TMM
April 3, 2005, 05:26 PM
i thought Maks were DAO? i guess they are DA/SA?

~TMM

Destructo6
April 3, 2005, 05:38 PM
Makarovs are DA/SA.

wasrjoe
April 3, 2005, 06:19 PM
My father once had a heart attack because of the Makarov's safety/decocker. I was out shooting with him in the mountains. I left to go investigate something, and when I came back he was as white as a ghost.

"Son, I almost shot myself in the leg. I went to put the safety on, and somehow the gun tried to fire."

I laughed an explained to him that it was a function of the pistol and he shouldn't have had the gun pointed at his leg.

Pilot
April 3, 2005, 06:50 PM
Go to:

http://www.makarov.com

All will be revealed.

If you enjoyed reading about "How to decock a makarov...?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!