I found some hi-capacity BHP .40 magazines

PDA

natedog
April 3, 2005, 08:42 PM
In the April 4, 2005 edition of Shotgun News, there's an ad for 12rd (12.50) and 16rd (39.50) magazines for the .40S&W BHP, page 183. The listed email is info@gunmags.com . My guess is that these are converted KRD 15rd. and 17rd. magazines. Interesting, these are the first hi-capacity .40 BHP mags I've found, and I've looked pretty well. Has anyone tried these?

NOTE: I'm not affiliated with Forrest Co. in any way, just wanted to give you guys a heads up :) .

If you enjoyed reading about "I found some hi-capacity BHP .40 magazines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Marshall
April 3, 2005, 09:50 PM
Thanks natedog,

If you buy them, let us know how they work out.

natedog
April 3, 2005, 10:01 PM
Don't have a Hi-Power yet, and I'm annoyed that I found this- it's making the 9mm/40 choice difficult. When I thought the .40s were limited to 10 rounds, it was 9mm for sure...Now, I'm not so certain. I like cheap mags, cheap ammo, and low recoil, but then again the .40 does have that 180gr. bullet thing going for it. Is the extra 0.05" worth the reduced capacity, high cost, and higher recoil? Who knows?!! :banghead:

TheDutchman
April 4, 2005, 09:06 AM
hmmmm interesting have to look into it thanks
natedog

Marshall
April 4, 2005, 12:00 PM
I have BHP's in both 9mm and .40 S&W. I prefer the 9mm regardless of capacity mainly because of the loaded weight. They just kind of feel right too, hard to explain.

Walt Sherrill
April 4, 2005, 12:18 PM
CDNN has bunches of various 9mm BHP mags, all for considerably less than $40.

(Late edit: I wonder what it would take to make a 9mm BHP mag work in a .40. Widening the feedlips? I've done it with other makes, but haven't tried BHP mags.)

I've used a bunch of their KRD (South African) mags for years, without problems.

Erich
April 4, 2005, 12:20 PM
Very interesting - thanks for the head-up. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "I found some hi-capacity BHP .40 magazines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!