Question for people who knows about Glocks

PDA

Glocker
April 4, 2005, 02:37 PM
When a person buys a new Glock, what is that copper colored stuff in the groves of the slide where the slide rails go ? Is it grease or anti-seize ? :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Question for people who knows about Glocks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sean Cloherty
April 4, 2005, 03:10 PM
If i recall correctly it is the factory lube. I've heard about, and seen it on my new Glocks, but I've never heard of the "anti-seize" properties.

Does that mean that it will keep the minions of government out of my gunsafe? :D

You may also want to check the Glock Talk webforum or post the question in one of the handgun forums here.

GreenFurniture
April 4, 2005, 03:13 PM
It is a specially formulated lubricant used by Glock on their pistols. It sticks around a lot longer than you might think and is very valuable in keeping the pistol running smoothly for life.

Erich
April 4, 2005, 03:16 PM
http://www.glockfaq.com/maintenance.htm#copper

Ash
April 4, 2005, 03:18 PM
I thought these things ran when filled with sand under water with an elephant sitting on top without being cleaned for a decade while being stored in a tackle box in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean... :D

Ash

denfoote
April 4, 2005, 03:33 PM
I thought these things ran when filled with sand under water with an elephant sitting on top without being cleaned for a decade while being stored in a tackle box in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean...

And the reason they can do all those marvelous things is that unique copper lube!!! :D :evil: ;) :neener:

Glocker
April 4, 2005, 04:16 PM
can anti-seize be used as a lube ???

DarkKnight01
April 4, 2005, 04:40 PM
I thought these things ran when filled with sand under water with an elephant sitting on top without being cleaned for a decade while being stored in a tackle box in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean...

Wow that elephant sure has some lungs !!! :p :D

Longbow
April 4, 2005, 09:01 PM
When a person buys a new Glock, what is that copper colored stuff in the groves of the slide where the slide rails go ? Is it grease or anti-seize ?

Pixie dust?

jiminwa
June 28, 2011, 10:17 PM
yes, it is an antiseize compound and is designed to maintain parts of the gun that should not be lubed heavily due to particulate accumulation. if you are a new glock owner, do not clean this compound out before firing the weapon. its good stuff!

gathert
June 29, 2011, 02:27 AM
Its a specially formulated compound made from finely ground Gnomes. It will keep your gun running forever :) In all seriousness, its just the factory stuff they put on there because they dont know how long it will be before the pistol is sold and used.

REAPER4206969
June 29, 2011, 05:03 AM
It is common automotive anti-seize. It's only purpose is to ensure long lasting initial lubrication and protection.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51FQM-XTyCL._SS500_.jpg

Glock doesn't know how long their pistols will be stored in a mud hut in some African/South American jungle before they are issued out to kill political dissidents or whatever.

It does not matter if you leave it on or not, and Glock's recommended lube is BreakFree CLP.

If you enjoyed reading about "Question for people who knows about Glocks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!