Midwest Tactical Opinions

PDA

jefnvk
April 5, 2005, 03:46 PM
Anyone ever buy from Midwest Tactical? I was thinking about buying a DPMS A2 20" upper from them, as they are about $25 cheaper than others, and have reasonale shipping. To save on shipping, I'll probably get the lower parts kit from them too, not the cheapest, but when you throw in shipping from elsewhere, it evens out.

So, anyone have anything good or bad to say?

If you enjoyed reading about "Midwest Tactical Opinions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
boofus
April 5, 2005, 03:52 PM
Tried to get a Knight's RAS II from them. They took pre-orders from myself and quite a few other people. Charged our credit cards. Then 4 months later we still had no product and 4 months worth of excuses.

I disputed it with my credit card company to get my money back. Never been back to their site again.

If you check ar15.com you might still be able to find that thread with about 20 angry customers.

April 5, 2005, 08:28 PM
I ordered a couple of slings from them last year and everything went smooth.

April 5, 2005, 08:31 PM
Tried to get a Knight's RAS II from them. They took pre-orders from myself and quite a few other people. Charged our credit cards. Then 4 months later we still had no product and 4 months worth of excuses.

I disputed it with my credit card company to get my money back. Never been back to their site again.

If you check ar15.com you might still be able to find that thread with about 20 angry customers.

My understanding is that KAC was somehow punishing the owner for some public comments he made. Evidently KAC shipped RAS II Shot Show Specials to all other dealers prior to shipping to Midwest. Note that I have no evidence to support this, only conjecture.

Having said that, I've bought from Adam a number of times (slings, pouches, knee & elbow pads) and each time things have gone smoothly. I'd recommend him.

swjr72
April 5, 2005, 08:46 PM
I ordered a magazine from them waited about 10 days sent an email and had it withing 2 days apparently there was a glitch in the online ordering system

jefnvk
April 6, 2005, 09:53 AM
I've checked over on AR15, and they seem to approve them, albeit the same response everyone seems to have is that shipping is slow/you sometimes need to prod them along.

But hey, fast, good, cheap, pick any two. I'll probably put in an order to them.

If you enjoyed reading about "Midwest Tactical Opinions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!